“First Visit To Peace Region and to the Sawridge - Great Place To Stay !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sawridge Inn & Conference Center Peace River

You added Sawridge Inn & Conference Center Peace River to your Saves list
Sawridge Inn & Conference Center Peace River
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9510 100th Street, Peace River, Alberta T8S 1S9, Canada   |
Special Deal
Sports Teams Free Brkfst!
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Peace River
Toronto, Canada
“First Visit To Peace Region and to the Sawridge - Great Place To Stay !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I was recently promoted and now this section of Alberta is part of my territory. My boss booked our rooms and in reading some of the reviews I was a little nervous about staying here - that was worry for no reason - this is a great place to stay ! I am unsure who wrote about this place feeling like a prison was the actual reason I signed on to Trip Advisor. I was pleasantly surprised at every turn, the room was not in the main building but in a separate wing, the room was big, clean and very comfortable and I have been in the camps in Northern Alberta and there really is no comparison ! The young lady Deb at check in was wonderful and made me feel very welcome. The free breakfast was bigger than what I have seen at any hotel and the quality was very good !
We had drinks and appetizers in the sports bar and service was again great. I could not ask for anymore than that and I will be back and I am honestly looking forward to coming back. Not alot of hotels make me want to say that after spending so much time on the road.

Room Tip: If you like a bigger room, and you can drive right up to the door, this is my choice
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Paul J, General Manager at Sawridge Inn & Conference Center Peace River, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Good Afternoon Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Sawridge Inn, Peace River.
Please accept my congratulations on your promotion and we are very glad that your first visit to the Peace Region went so well.
I really appreciate the kind words you offered and I am glad that it was a positive experience, I realize that it is difficult to know from a distance what something is going to be like soley based on what someone else has written, keeping in mind that someone having a bad day offers a completely altered version of events - I am glad that you were able to experience it yourself.
I am proud that our staff, in particular Deb, made you feel welcome and that you are in fact looking forward to coming back to Peace River.
If there is anything that I can do to assist you on a return visit please do not hesitate to contact me at your convenience.
Sawridge Inn, Peace River

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Faucet leaks - not badly but noticeable. The only chair in the room wasn't safe to sit on. Fortunately, I am not that heavy. Room was OK. Staff - front desk was OK. Parking - OK. Dinning room / dinner - food was reasonable, price was reasonable, waitresses were fine. Breakfast (complementary) - was OK.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Good Afternoon Harry,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Sawridge Inn, Peace River.
Please allow me to apologize for the deficiencies you encountered in your room, I am truly sorry that we did not have the opportunity to resolve the issues for you while you were here.
We are in the process of implementing a new maintenance tool that will allow us to catch the room deficiencies and resolve them in a timely manner, prior to a guest arriving and encountering something that he or she should not have to request to have repaired.
I am always open to feedback and if you are willing to share any comments that would assist us in going from just "ok" in our restaurants I would really appreciate that.
Hopefully we will get the opportunity to show you that we do value your comments and your business, and we did use the comments as a tool to make our property a better place to stay.
Sawridge Inn, Peace River
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Stayed in the west wing of I guess the old building wanted a room in the main building, first the room smelled like smoke maybe from a previous night. Laminate is very hard on the feet and cold, beds very uncomfortable and sheets didn't even fit the bed. Overall unpleasant experience and wouldn't recommend staying here for business if you need a good nights rest.

• Stayed October 2013
Paul J, General Manager at Sawridge Inn & Conference Center Peace River, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Good Morning,
Thank you for taking the time from your busy schedule to review the Sawridge Inn, Peace River.
I am dissappointed that we did not deliver a quality stay during your recent visit to Peace River.
I want to assure you that we take every comment whether good or bad back to our team to see where we can improve and do better.
The flooring is certainly a personal choice and I wanted to explain to you the reason it was selected versus carpet - during one mud season here in the North the carpets would be finished as far as looks and staining go however it would not be replaced every year as that would simply be cost prohibitive and that is the reason for the flooring - you know as soon as you walk in, the floors are clean and that is our ultimate goal, to provide clean comfortable accommodations.
If there is anything I can do to assist you on a return visit to Peace River please do not hesitate to let me know.
Paul R. Jones
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

If you're not staying in the main building, don't expect much in the way of your rooms. The outer buildings still reek of old smoke (now non-smoking) - especially the mattress and pillows (sorry, no amount of cleaning fixes smoke). If you don't handle stairs well, you will really dislike this hotel - stairs to lobby, stairs to outer buildings, stairs in the lobby, stairs to the meeting rooms, stairs to the ballroom. And stairs to the bar. Oh, and if you want to make a complaint, stairs to the administration office. The only ramp that I could see was one in the upper entrance to the lobby.

No carpet in the room - only laminate floor. I suppose it's easier to clean but the bed moves easily if you bump it - and it looks like a cheap solution. Windows are high on lower floor and look across 15 feet to the building next door. Internet is wireless but slow. Breakfast is served in restaurant but you have to stop at the front desk to ask for a coupon for breakfast - in the morning - when everyone is lined up to check-out. Really? No one noticed that before?

Stepped out of my room in the morning to find 6 housekeeping staff assembled in the room next door, with the door open, texting on their cell phones.

As for the ballroom for meetings, the sound system has eight speakers in ceiling but only 2 work. Microphones are muddy and loud. Half of the meeting room is decorated for a wedding - not a business meeting - complete with chiffon hanging from the ceiling and a disco ball. Ugh! It gave the appearance that the hotel is simply lazy and couldn't care less about meetings.

Restaurant and Room Service are closed at 10 pm. There's Boston Pizza across the street. There have got to be hotels that are willing to make the effort in Peace River. Sadly, this isn't one of them.

Room Tip: Pay the extra $10 per night (???) for a room in the main building.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Paul J, General Manager at Sawridge Inn & Conference Center Peace River, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Good Afternoon,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Sawridge Inn, Peace River.
I am sorry to hear that you encountered so many obstacles during your recent visit.
I did want to clarify the comment made on the rooms reeking of old smoke, the rooms in the wings were completely renovated - stripped right back to the drywall and every piece of furniture, including the bedding ( mattresses ) and draperies were replaced so we certainly did not simply take a smoking room and call it non smoking.
There is no question that there are stairs however we also have accessible rooms available should a guest require one.
I also wanted to point out that our restaurant may close at 10pm but we also have two other food and beverage outlets that would have been more than happy to serve you after 10pm.
The decorations you refer to were over the dance floor and set up for an actual event and not as a result of anyone being lazy.
Our staff would have have gladly assisted you in any way to resolve any issues that you encountered with the sound system.
Your comments will be shared with our entire team, we actually use the comments as a tool so that we continue to grow as a team by providing the best of experiences to our guests.
I do apologize that we failed to meet not only your expectations but also our own standards that I can assure you each and every team member takes great pride in.
Smithers, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We could not get over the friendly, smiling staff. ..... Front desk, restaurant, window washer, chamber maid, all of them !! Their attitudes were noticeably superior to many other places we've stayed. The included breakfast buffet was hot and fresh with a good variety on all three mornings. We had booked for a room with a pet and were given a main floor room with an outside entrance, how accommodating ! The room was very clean and odorless (ie free of stale tobacco smoke) . Choosing to stay at this inn was a shot in the dark for first time around but if we ever come back to Peace River, there's no doubt we would be staying here again. Thanks, eh !

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Nona,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Sawridge Inn, Peace River.
We appreciate your comments and will share them with our entire team !
It really makes me happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at our property, even more
so when I hear that you noticed the smiles of our team - that really is where hospitality begins, a simple smile !
I can honestly say the choice to remove the carpets and replace with the wooden floors has made all the difference when it comes to the room smelling clean and fresh when a guest walks in.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sawridge Inn, Peace River any time that your schedule allows !
Peace River, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I had to take the time to mention the staff at this hotel. They go out of there way to accomodate you. When we came in we were greeted by Ben. With his wonderful accent and friendly demeanor he was quick to get us to where we needed to go.
Also the breakfast at the Sawridge is fresh and hot with large variety of fresh fruit.I do however wish they would include the coffee with the buffet.
Thanks Sawridge. See you again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Good Afternoon,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Sawridge Inn, Peace River.
We appreciate your kind comments and we will share them with our team !
I am glad that Ben was so welcoming, it really does make a difference when
you are made to feel at home !
With regards to the coffee, coffee and tea is included with the breakfast buffet, coffee to go is not included as part of the buffet. If you were charged in error, I sincerely apologize for that and have no problem reimbursing that amount.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sawridge Inn, Peace River
the next time your travels bring you our way.
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

An awesome hotel to stay at while your on business; the food is great there. The breakfast is complimentary and it's a full breakfast. Lunch & dinner are available in the restaurant and lounge, again many good choices,price is right. Games rooms available; had a great time in there,walked out with 7 hundred bucks.
Lots of free parking. smoke outside.
Place was quite and clean, just the way i like it.

Room Tip: Got a room with an exit door to the outside so i could smoke; very convenient. That is on the West...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Paul J, General Manager at Sawridge Inn & Conference Center Peace River, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Good Afternoon Calvin,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Sawridge Inn, Peace River.
I am glad that you enjoyed your recent visit with us and very happy that you
were able to go home with some extra cash after your visit to the Games Room - that always
makes travelling a little less stressful.
In noting your comments on breakfast and our food and beverage outlets I am pleased that you
found value and quality in what we offer. We have taken alot of time to find the right breakfast and based on the comments from our guests - they wanted the full hot and cold breakfast and we strive each and every day to deliver on the quality that we promised.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sawridge Inn, Peace River and if there is anything that we can do on your return visit please do not hesitate to email me directly and let me know at pjones@sawridge.com
Paul R. Jones, CHA

Been to Sawridge Inn & Conference Center Peace River? Share your experiences!