“Salad was disgusting. Won't eat here again but maybe grab a beer.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Coco Jarry's

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 39 restaurants in Renfrew
Cuisines: Greek, International, Canadian, Pizza & Pasta
Good for: Large groups, Outdoor seating
Description: Coco Jarry's features a large menu of International cuisine, especially Greek dishes (such as chicken and pork Souvlaki), home-made pizzas and gourmet hamburgers. Our meals are scrumptious and generously portioned for very reasonable prices. Expect a comfortable, classy atmosphere, including a large patio for summer dining. Local talent are welcomed, so you might just arrive on a night of rhythm and blues or retro selection of music by DJs.
Canada
“Salad was disgusting. Won't eat here again but maybe grab a beer.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I've eaten here a few times but mainly only go for a beer on the patio in the summer if friends want a place to go because I found the food to be expensive and pretty basic. I ordered a taco salad last week and had to pay $7 to add chicken to it! And it wasn't even a full chicken breast at that! Total cost for the slad was $17. Pretty steep for a basic salad.

The salad was gross. It tasted like it had been kept in a fridge, open, where meat was stored. The lettuce had an aweful taste. I wonder if they store their raw chicken in the same fridge as pre-prepared salads?
The dressing wasn't a typical taco salad dressing....more like a ranch dip.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Stephanie M, Guest Relations Manager at Coco Jarry's, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
We're very sorry you didn't enjoy your salad here over the summer; and hope you give us another chance. As you can tell by the mixed reviews, although we work hard to maintain consistent quality, it doesn't always work out. However, we do consistently attempt to resolve any food complaints as soon as they occur.

The salads (like the majority of our menu items) are to be made fresh as ordered, as per the owner's instructions. You should have received more chicken, to be sure - when the owner is cooking, customers usually have to ask for the rest of their meal in a take-out container. The dressing is our homemade creamy garlic, and yes, we discovered that there was an unauthorized change in the recipe which we have since fixed.

70% Recommend
Renfrew, Canada
“homecooked”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

The meal was close to what a home cooked meal is like.It was well cooked well and the taste was out of this world..It was mmmmmgood. The amount served was enough that you would not want seconds. The restaurant decor was eye appealing as the meal was.And the service was superb.
I left there with the feeling that I want to go back very soon.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for sharing your experience, and we're so happy you had a good one. We'd love to see you again!
Petawawa, Canada
“Good and Bad”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This restaurant has been around for many, many years. I remember when it was Jim's Restaurant. Then Nick from Greece took over and it was even better than when it was Jim's he is a great cook, and I have known him personally for years. The lasagne is to die for, and the steak is out of this world, so tender and cooked to perfection. I don't live in Renfrew anymore, but each time I visit I try to go there for a meal. But I was very disapointed the last time I went last September. I ordered the Almond Chicken, I think that's the name of the dish, because my sister had it when we were there on a previous visit, and it was really good, but it was not this time. It was so strong tasting after 2 bites I had a headache, and could not finish the meal. The so called mashed potatoes were gross, they were not even white, they were brown with some lumps of something in them. I was with 6 other people and all thier meals were terrible, it almost looked like the meals were made ahead of time,, and stored in the fridge or freezer then reheated in the microwave. Since I know Nick, and I know he would never serve bad food like this, I questioned the waiter as to who was cooking. Well it turned out Nick was away, and had been away for a few weeks visiting relatives in Greece. So the way I figure it is, he cooked everything before he left, and they reheated it. Sorry Nick but I won't be back to your place if thats the way you now run your restaurant, maybe it's time for you to retire? Also the decor is in bad need of a make over, holes in the walls rips in the seats of the chairs, the bathroom is still a little tiny room that is so small the doors of the stalls won't open all the way, because they hit the sink. Also the prices are way to high, a meal for 2, with a beer and a margarita cost us over $70.00. My husband, and the rest of our table didn't eat thier meals either, but we were charged for it all.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Thank you very much for your honest and constructive review. Nick is now aware of your complaints and will be working on alternative solutions for his next trip to Greece.
Renfrew, Canada
“Great smoke meat on Rye”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Montreal look out you have competition for a great smoked meat on Rye sandwich without the wait. Great friendly service.

Visited March 2013
Thank you, Claudette!
“Great atmosphere and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Great food, great atmosphere and friendly service. I am Not from the renfrew area and found this place by mistske. Not a bad mistake. I would return if passing through again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
We'd love to see you again when you're passing through Renfrew! Thank you for sharing your review.