“Run down” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Renfrew
Alliston, Canada
“Run down”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had stayed at this hotel in 2011 and found it to be ok. This time June 24th 2013 was very disappointing. The lady at the front desk was nice and that was about it. Our rooms were adequate, but although there was coffee etc to use there were no mugs to make coffee. The towels were well past their fluffyness date. The bar was our biggest complaint. We arrived in the bar at 9pm for a drink. The bar staff told us she had cashed up for the night and couldn't serve us!!! It was somewhat embarrassing as we had visitors from overseas with us and based on our previous experience we chose to go there again. However, we will not be staying there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I have stayed at this location several times in the past. The staff is what makes this place great. On this stay we met some friends from all around Ontario. It is a great central location for us to meet up and start our bike tour. The man at the front desk went out of his way for us. Gave us some great info on sights, dining and entertainment options. You could tell he really cared our stay was a good one. We will be back! The only negative is they no longer offer complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Bracebridge, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

In the past two weeks, I have had business in the Renfrew area and stayed at the Best Western. I have had rooms with a king size bed and a queen size bed. The hotel is a bit dated but both rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable. They have a small workout room on the first floor with an eliptical machine, a bike, a treadmill and a small universal, it does the trick for a fast workout. On both occasions, what has impressed me is the attention the staff gives you. Whenever I have asked for something, they ensure my needs are met. My stays have also included a $6.00 breakfast coupon to the restaurant which is attached to the hotel, but my schedule hasn't permitted me to have breakfast at the restaurant.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

The room was clean, the place was quiet, the buffet breakfast the first morning was passable, but on the second morning, it was cooked to order and delicious. They also had great lunch specials at great prices. The food was very good. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Winnipeg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We were passing through Renfrew on our way to Montreal, and found this to be a comfortable and affordable place to stay. We stayed in the hotel for dinner which was very good Indian food, and enjoyed a good game of virtual golf afterward. Sean even lent us his clubs and gave us some pro tips to get us out of the rough!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Brighton, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

The hotel itself was adequate. The resataraunt on the other hand leaves a lot to be desired. What they called a breakfast buffet was a complete joke. Scrambled eggs that were only luke warm, sausage that was greasy, and close to burned home fries. They did have cereal and a bit of fruit. Some bacon and possibly croissants or danish would have been a help.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Nishan D, Manager at BEST WESTERN Renfrew Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay here at our property. The comments we receive from our guests allow us to continuously improve.
Although it appears that we may not have exceeded your expectations, I do hope that you were able to enjoy your stay as we do pride ourselves as being a leader in quality service.
Our goal is to deliver an inspired experience to all of our guests with our service and product, and I am very sorry that this was not the case for you. Your feedback on some of the items has been forwarded to the appropriate departments to identify and solve the issues.
I am surprised to read your comments about our breakfast. Our breakfast is more than just a continental offering as we strive to ensure that there is something for everyone and is rated amongst the highest within the Best Western brand. I hope you might contact me personally so we may discuss your stay and so I may get further details from you to follow up with our team on these items.
You may reach me by calling the hotel at 613-432-8109 or by emailing me at nishan@bestwesternrenfrewinn.com
Again, please accept my apologies for not meeting your expectations and I look forward to hearing from you to discuss your stay further.

Nishan De Silva

Been to BEST WESTERN Renfrew Inn & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!