“This restaurant needs new management.” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 36 Restaurants in Sept Iles
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Halifax, Canada
“This restaurant needs new management.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

You don't go to a Sports Bar expecting haute-cuisine, but the food at the "Cage aux Sports" is not good; small portion size, and poorly presented. The service is slow.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Montreal, Canada
“Slow service, nice location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stopped here for lunch between Baie-Comeau and Natashquan, and there aren't many choices or locations that aren't simple fast food. When we arrived, we went upstairs to get seated at a table, but there was a loud party with small children and a screaming baby, plus the place was covered in spilled popcorn from the kids using the self-service popcorn machine down the stairs. I am sure they had fun. Anyway, as my wife had a headache we went and sat in the bar downstairs instead. The menu is standard, but the fish and chips I had turned out to be very good, and there isn't much you can do wrong with poutine. As commented by others, the service was very slow, and I think we were there an hour and a half for our quick meal. The service was friendly enough, but even allowing for the party upstairs, I think the place was understaffed. Location-wise, it is surprisingly nice, right by the harbour front walkway looking out into the bay. You can watch the big boats coming and going while you wait. As it happened, my wife lost a glove, and on the return wwe dropped in to check, and sure enough, they had found it, and returned it with smiles. I guess in spite of the slow service, this must be one of the best options in Sept-Iles as long as you are not in a hurry, and maybe my 3 star rating is a little uncharitable after they returned my wife's glove.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, QC
“ONE OF THE WORST SERVICE EVER”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

So many people said that this is the best place to go in Sept iles- there aren't that many choices of restaurants in Sept iles, and in Montreal there's so many of Cage aux Sports and service is usually the same in chain restaurants. So far we've had so much bad luck with finding good service. Well there were so many screw ups I had to write down to remember them all! First of all, the reason why we went was because there's a special for kids to eat for $2.00- there is no where that it says on certain days, but the waitress told us that it's no today (don't remember what day it was) and we were charged $5.00. They forgot my husband's coleslaw. I wanted to know what's less expensive- to order fries for my sidedish, and salad separate or the opposite. Our waitress said salad was less expensive ordered separately, but after we paid we checked and it was the opposite! Soft drinks are $4.00! The chicken size was a pigeon size! (no joke!). I took the table d'hote and there was special coffees included I THink was called "matinale coffees" or something, and we asked what they were, they said alcoholic coffees- we wanted to order, and they said it wasn't included. At this point, we wanted to get the "f" out of there- so we paid our bill, and left. And I Kid you not - this is out of my character, but i spit on their pavement outside. My husband and daughter were surprised. And we weren't the only ones who felt that way. Others from Montreal or quebec city said the same thing. I'm hoping it was just the waitress, but this was my experience that I'm not trying again!

• Visited August 2011