“Looking for Poutine, Go Here” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Street Food
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Street Food
Ontario, Canada
“Looking for Poutine, Go Here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

We were looking for the Beavertails location and discovered that it was closed and this restaurant had just opened there with the same owner who had the Beavertails before. The menu is limited. Poutine, homemade french fries and hot dogs being the main items. There was a variety of condiments to put on the hot dog, even sauerkraut. Poutine comes in two sizes. The small was a good portion for me and my husband had a medium. Fresh cheese curd from Mirabelle, homemade gravy and crisp french fries. What a great combination! Our bill, with 2 soft drinks and tax was $22.90 so this is not a cheap lunch but it was really worth it for a treat out. (Cheese curd is not cheap to buy by itself and there was a good portion on the poutine.) We arrived at 12:20 p.m. and there were about 6 people waiting for their orders. 4 of them took it out. There are 5 or 6 tables so you can eat in which we did. The orders ahead of us were looked after very quickly. I would say we only waited 10 minutes. The owner was doing the fries and a girl was adding the condiments and bagging the take out. It all went together pretty quickly. The girl did not speak English but the owner did. He explained how poutine BBQ, poutine Italienne and poutine poulet.are different. It was a miserable day with wet snow coming down so it was nice to see him busy.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sylvain Joseph L, Owner at La Friterie de la Vallee, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Paddy2216,

I'd like to thank you personally for the review that you wrote about my restaurant . I'm very happy to know that you enjoyed your meal and you advise other travellers to stop by...As you explained, my menu is limited because I made the decision to base my concept on original recipes..Indeed, my fries, my poutine gravy but also my pogos and onion rings are homemade. I made the choice to work with fresh products and that's the reason why there are no frozen products in my kitchen. I hope to see you again this summer and do not forget to stop by because i'd like to shake your hands and if you have time to propose you to try one of my original recipe before everybody.

Best regards,

Sylvain Joseph Lavallée
Owner "Friterie de la Vallée de St-Sauveur"