“very basic” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Curran, ontario
“very basic”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

this restaurant was inexpensive, we had quick friendly service.three of us ordered burger, club sandwich, chicken burger.this simpler fare was fine for the price. my daughter ordered veal parmesan and was dissapointed. the meat patty was a very processed, frozen entree type thing that she didn't care for .

my recomendation is to just opt for simple diner type dishes if you want to eat here . It's not a place to try more complicated dishes.

Visited August 2012

Peterborough, ON
“Bad rating due to staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Five of us ate here (3 family members with 2 teenage friends of our daughter), for dinner on July 20th.
KITCHEN STAFF: 4 of our meals were put on the table 40 mins. after we ordered, and one 50 mins. after. My husband was facing in the direction of the rest of the dining room, and he noticed other tables were getting their meals delivered here and there, therefore people at their same tables were not eating together!! I've never seen that elsewhere, except if an appetizer has been ordered, those do come out at different times/first. That was not the case...full meals/entrees were delivered late!
NEWER WAITRESS: had a bad day, and she later admitted it, and apologized, twice. When 3 of us had each ordered a Chinese dish, 2 dishes came out, and the fried rice would come in a few mins, then another few mins, then more time. When she thought all meals were out, she had forgotten one girl's order, and I reminded the waitress about what the girl's order was. The waitress had a subtle surprised look, and had to go place the order (at the 40 minute mark from when we first ordered). Later, I heard a microwave end, and I saw our waitress get the dish out of it, and she brought us a bowl of white rice for the 3 of us!! Not what we ordered, and she didn't understand, but took it away, and we said never mind to bringing our correct rice, as we were getting full by that time. When she had first given us our meals, she had given the young girl an egg roll as the start of her order/meal, that was missing, and the young girl was so hungry, she ate food from her friend's plate. So by the time her order came out 10 mins. later (they must have sped up that meal in the kitchen!!), she was not as hungry, and only ate 1/2 her meal (but of course charged full price!!). The waitress said, when she gave us our bill, that it was not her mistake about the fried rice, but I had to explain to her about what the difference was between plain steamed/boiled rice and plain fried rice (I said, "it's fried, brown in colour, and there is no meat in it, as opposed to a meat fried rice"..."aaaah", she finally said/'got it'. She didn't know her menu. Not a big deal, as the menu is the most extensive we've seen, as there is the usual Canadian food, Italian, and alot of Chinese meals, and sides. Our meals were good, so no complaint there. We've eaten here before and no problems. Must be going downhill lately.
CASHIER: This was an older lady, who could have been the owner(?). When I got to the counter to pay, the phone rang, and she left the counter to answer it. She was on the phone quite awhile, and there were about 4 groups of us waiting to pay. The man next to me complained about the slow service he had that evening too, and he wondered why the cashier was taking so long to tend to us all. He had been at the table next to us, and he said he heard all the trouble we had, and felt poorly for us. At the cashier counter, I heard another group mentioning about their slow service. Also, a different waitress was listening to me complain to the man beside me, so maybe she passed my words along(?) The cashier finally came back, took my bill, rang it in, said "no" to trav. cheque request, tended to my payment, handed me the receipt, then onto the next man, all the while having a 'stone-faced' look. As I left, the counter I said in a loud voice, "What!!..no words to me. Thanks alot!!", and I went out the door. As I looked back, from the door, I looked at the man who had complained to me, and he was looking at me, with his head shaking, negatively. She never once apologized for the wait, never asked how our meal was (I think she knew there were several problems that night..maybe other nights too), never said "thank you","come again", nor "have a good evening", she just didn't speak..NOTHING!!!! At that point I was really upset about the restaurant. I tolerated the other situations. It was at this point, with the cashier, that my rating for this place, 'fell to the bottom'. She treated me like I wasn't really visible. The rest of my group was waiting in the car, and they probably thought I was complaining to the cashier, about our service, but I wouldn't have had time, as I knew they were waiting!! Seems others have complained on here about the slow service. This review probably won't make a difference/mean much, as locals probably keep this place going. This city, this restaurant is in, is a major stop-over point, for persons travelling to/from the east coast, like ourselves several times [just take a look at all the Ontario lic. plates in hotel parking areas!]. So since it's not a final destination for travellers, people probably won't search on here, to see which restaurants are good, they'll just pick whatever when they arrive, and go on their way the next day. The rest in my group weren't bothered like I was, and it caused a wee, whispered argument about tipping. Next time, we may just go back to having a picnic style meal, whereby we get the take-out style foods from the local grocery store, and find a sitting area somewhere, as we've done that before too. When I went on the Bel Air website recently, I sent a brief email about the service, and the site showed someone would get back to me. Nothing, 5 days later!! It was probably the same old babe who waited on me, that read my email, and still couldn't 'talk' to me!!!!!!!!

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Halifax, Canada
“Not Great !”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

The food was ok, not great - cheap fried pub food. My wife and I went and she was served 15 minutes before I got mine - she was almost done by the time mine came. Not really worth a stop.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Dirty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

It isn't worth a comment. The place is dirty and the food is terrible.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“Yeag”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

great seafood, with a smorgasborg that will have you going back for more and more and more

Visited June 2012