“Best hotel in Edmunston” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Edmundston Hotel

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Edmundston Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Edmundston Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   280 Boulevard Hebert, Edmundston, New Brunswick E3V 0A3, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #1 of 10 hotels in Edmundston
Lunenburg, Canada
“Best hotel in Edmunston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2010

We have often driven between Nova Scotia and Ontario, and Edmunston is one of the places we stop for the night. We always used to stay at the Comfort Inn, but having read some of the positive reviews of the newish Best Western, we decided to stay here on our recent trip.

I'm so glad we did. The staff are very friendly, the room was clean, quiet and extremely comfortable and the price was amazing for the quality. I wish we'd had our swimsuits so we could have used the pool! We were VERY pleased indeed, and would happily stay here again.

311 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

The interior decorator either has a great sense of humour or is very strange. The place is a mix of Victorian England and Acadian farm motif. There is even a Christmas tree in the 2nd floor lobby.

Odd decor aside, the place is very clean with large rooms and spacious bathrooms. Beds are comfortable. They try and add more to the standard chain hotel breakfasts. All in all it is a great place to stay.

Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

We arrived around 8 p.m. after driving all day from Halifax and found the hotel very relaxing. The pool is small, but nice and offers options for adults (hot tub), older kids (waterslide) and younger kids (shallow splash pool) - it would be perfect for families. The room was great, well-furnished and very clean. Our only complaint about the room was the fact that it was carpet-free (probably to be hypo-allergenic). We found this made the room feel more like a hospital room than a hotel. The full breakfast offered many foods (breakfast meats, eggs, potatoes, cold cereal, many bread options, fruit, baked goods, yogurt, coffee/tea and juice) and was the best "free" hotel breakfast I think I've ever had at a hotel. Worth staying here!

Tyendinaga Mohawk Territory, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

My son and I stayed here twice in June 2010 – once when passing through NB to NS and PEI, then on the way home to Ontario. Our first stay here on the way through NB prompted our stay on the way home. Planning a similar trip next year and will stay here again.

Rooms were extremely clean, comfortable and nicely decorated as was the whole hotel. My son couldn’t get enough of the pool area. The breakfast was well made and satisfying. Convenient location to the highway, but far enough away there was no highway noise. Plenty of meal options and fuel close by. Hotel staff was friendly, welcoming and provided advice for our next leg of the trip to Halifax. Wireless internet worked well.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Guelph
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2010

I agree with the majority of these reviews. The hotel is new and convenient to the highway for anyone travelling through New Brunswick from/to eastern Canada.

But I do want to comment (subjectively) about the decor of this place. It's wacky, kitch and strange. When I entered the lobby, with its amoured knights, statue head of Elvis, glowing violin lamp and large doll driving a tin pedal car, I felt like I'd been thrown into a 70's time warp of a suburban shopping mall's furniture department. It's almost worth dropping in just to see it.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Halifax, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

The room was comfortable and large. The air conditioning worked well and everything looked very clean and inviting. However, during the night I got three distinctive bites on my chest, just where it touched the bed. I was very uncomfortable and itchy from these bites in the morning, and made sure I heat treated everything I had with me before I brought it back into my home.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
London, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

On our way through New Brunswick we stopped in at the next Best Western in Edmunston.

This hotel was new but in my opinion felt kind of "cheap".....too much vinyl. Even the floors were not carpeted. Now what i'd classify as warm and relaxing.....rather cold and uninviting.

The pool area was ok- slippery.....a nice waterslide for the kids but the pool area was kind of small- not as exciting as impression we got from the picture on the website. Our 8 year old did have fun going down the waterslide though. The was also a spot for kids to play in a mini pool/spash area.

Service was ok- the breakfast area was very packed......perhaps we just got there at the wrong time?? The food tasted ok.

Considering I don't know the norm in New Brunswich i'm at odds whether to recommend it. We paid with an airmiles coupon.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Edmundston Hotel? Share your experiences!