“Large Crowd” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Cranbrook, Canada
“Large Crowd”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Recently I reserved a large group (24) of professionals for dinner at The Bridge. We ordered off the menu with a variety of requests from vegetarian, to pizzas, to higher priced entrees. The Bridge staff handled the crowd with ease and the food was great. Everyone enjoyed their food and the server kept up with our drink requests as well.
I too have been here under previous owners when it was Rip and Richards - I cannot speak for the Bridge's entire menu (but their soups are amazing - only negative was the bread was not) - We found the selection was great and most said they would be glad to return next time.
The atmosphere was nice and they had a semi-private space for us to eat in. Overall our experience here was great for the evening...

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
BB-CP-owner, Owner at The Bridge Bistro, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Tallchick6!
Thank you vary much for your review.As always, to get a good review is what makes our day. I am sorry to hear that you did not like the bread, and I will look into the issue, but it should be baked fresh daily, to be served to our home made soups.
Looking forward to serve you again.

Thanks

Calgary
“Much better than the reviews lead you to believe!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

After reading the reviews on this place I was hesitant to visit, but thankfully I did. The food was far better than the reviews led me to believe. Yes, the prices where a bit high, but honestly, I would rather pay them then the franchised restaurants just disown the road. We went with a big group and the waitress was very accommodating, quick to respond, and everyone got their food all together, and quickly. I personally ate their fish and chips which were very good...a bit of a different twist in the norm and it worked. I will definitely go to this restaurant when I return to Fernie.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dear Mininggirl!
Thanks for your review. I am happy that you decided to come to our restaurant event thought you had your doubts. It is unfortunate that the reviews not always correspond with the reality we are trying to accomplish, as it is many times easier to write a bad review then to let us know in person, and if it is good, many do not take the time to write a positive review.
I am very thankful that you took the time. I appreciate your feedback and I have let your server and the kitchen know about your comments, it made them very happy.
I hope that we will see you back another day.
All the best
Fernie, Canada
“My favourite go to Restaurant in Fernie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We go here quite a bit! The menu here has a great variety for anyone you could be dining with from soups to pizzas!! They have local beer on tap which is a plus for me as it gets the community working together. They make a good pizza , but the Fish and Chips is my favorite. There are sesame seeds in the batter so it looks weird but the crispiness is amazing! The salads are also delicious as are the burgers , I have never had a bad experience in the 8 months we have been going here, it is well worth a visit if you are in town......in the summer definitely sit out on the patio!

Visited October 2012
Dear Avocet_9;
So happy to read your review. It is great to hear that you are visiting us frequently and that you are feeling that we have a wide variety on our menu, both for food and drinks.
The fish and chips are really good, home made with a light tempura batter and black sesame seeds they are different from what you regularly get elsewhere. Three out of four beers on tap is from the local Fernie Brewing Co, out of them three, one is changing weekly to be a different Fernie Beer on special. Appreciate you took the time to write your review.
Medicine Hat, Canada
“good nachos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

we had the nachos for an appitizer and peperoni piza for the main lots of toppings on both and like the fact that they use side bacon instead of back bacon on the pizza. good atmosphere and friendly waitress.

Visited September 2012
Dear Ryan P!
Thank you very much for letting others know about your experience. A positive rating means a lot, and we are very happy that you took the time to tell. I hope we have a chance to serve you again sometime in the future.

Calgary, Canada
“Food and service was okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Underwhelming...just okay. Sitting outside was nice and they have heaters. Staff seemed alittle tired, but still friendly. Just an ok dinner.

Visited September 2012
HiMonicaH222!
I am sorry that you did feel that our staff was a bit tired, and that the food was just OK. I hope to serve you in the future and that your experience then will be above your expectations.