“Awesome place to eat” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Edmonton, Canada
“Awesome place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I went here on my way through Fernie and it was GREAT!! We had an awesome waitress named Rita. Not to mention she wasn't that bad to look at too. I would highly reccommend the ribs and house salad, because they are delicious. Overall I would say it was a great place so sit down and eat before hitting the road again.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
BB-CP-owner, Owner at The Bridge Bistro, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
HI K J!

This reply is coming late, but I would like to thank you for your nice review and also for your mention of our server Rita. She was doing a fantastic job during the summer, and will hopefully be back to work with us when she is available when she has a break between her studies. I am also very happy that you enjoyed your meal. Hope to see you back.
Thank you again.

Calgary, Canada
“Overpriced, quality not as good anymore”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We had eaten here in the past and really enjoyed it. It was disappointed with the food quality and price this time. The turkey sandwich special was something you could make at home, the bread was good but just a couple of slices of regular deli processed turkey was disappointing. The burger was good but was undercooked and short on the side of fries. The price of $16 was not worthy. The patio is really nice as are the staff but I would try somewhere else next time for those meals. Howver, the eggs Benedict seemed popular with patrons and looked very good so would probably return to try it. Nice location, hope the pricing and quality evens out.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
BB-CP-owner, Owner at The Bridge Bistro, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Hi MKH000!
I am sorry to hear that you did not like the Sandwich of the day, I will talk to the staff about the portioning of the turkey and see if we can change the number of slices put on for the next time it comes up as a sandwich of the day. I would really recommend the Montreal Smoked Meat sandwich if you would come by again - guests seem to really enjoy it, and I really like the hot chicken sandwich - it is yammi! I did talk to the kichen about the burger, they are aware of the importance of not undercooking the home made burgers and if that still was the case this time, we will make sure we do not run into this again. we are very happy with our staff and also for the patio and its location. I hope that you come back to try us again - if it so would be for another sandwich or as you said, the Eggs Benny! Hope to see you again.
“Still thinking of the salad and pizza we had...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Best food we had on our trip was the great 'house salad' and a veggie pizza with goat cheese and asparagus on it. That's coming from a guy who usually prefers meat so that's saying something.

Visited July 2012
Dear bloomin-onion!
I was very excited to read your nice review. I have forwarded your wonderful comments about our food to the kitchen staff. Theya re working hard to try to make our customers happy. Thank you very mich for taking the time to let us and others hear your opinion.
alberta
“Overpriced for what you get”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

Our third choice as the place we wanted to go was closed. Service was okay but seemed understaffed as all on Yeh floor were running

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hi tbulger!

It is unfortunate that you had the feeling that we where understaffed, it might have been one of the days where we are caught off guard, we are estimating the staffing required, but sometimes we just do not hit it right. This can definately put a damper on a stop for lunch or dinner. We will definatley look into the issue. Thanks for your time reviewing the Bridge Bistro.
Saskatoon, Canada
“Needs some work”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We were told by the hotel that this was a good place to eat. We were disappointed by our meal -- the ribs were tough -- i've never had tough ribs in a restaurant. Just disappointed since we were told it was a good place. The atmosphere is great, but the cook needs some work!

Visited July 2012
BB-CP-owner, Owner at The Bridge Bistro, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Hi "whattheheck13"! It is very disappointing to hear that you had tough ribs at our restaurant. It is unfortunate, and I beleive that we might have received different ribs than we normally order.
We are cooking our ribs in house, and it is one of my husband and sons favourite items on the menu. We will look into the reason why this was the case at this time and correct it. I am happy that you like the atmosphere.