“Best Pizza in Towm” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Piz za za Restaurant & Vin

Piz za za Restaurant & Vin
36 Rue Laval, Gatineau, Quebec J8X 3G7, Canada (Formerly Pizzaza)
(819) 771-0565
Cuisines: Pizza, Pasta
Gatineau, Canada
“Best Pizza in Towm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

We went as an office group and I had the "Retro" Pizza. It was just the right portion amount. They serve 9 inch round pizzas. A while back we commented that they only had menus in French. Well, great news, they have English menus now, too! They also serve great salads..

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Moncton, Canada
“Great food- but incredibly loud”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

We went there on a weeknight for a meal, the restaurant was much busier than anticipated but there were a few tables available though it seemed to be full as we left. The restaurant is small'ish and walking to our table was tight, we had to stop when someone was standing in the aisle. The first floor is especially confied with the bar so you are basically knocking elbows with whoever is sitting at the table next to yours. My biggest issue is that the restaurant is very loud- it's not a place you go for a quiet meal. I could barely hear someone sitting 2 seats from me.

Foodwise, everyone loved their meals, it was one of the best pizza's I've had and their menu varies greatly from most typical pizza places. Not many options besides pizza, a few pasta dishes or salad but still varied enough that even picky eaters should be able to find something they'll enjoy.

So for a good pizza and a good time with friends, definitely worth it. For a romantic dinner or a quiet meal with your spouse, I would look elsewhere.

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dartmouth, Canada
“GREAT Service great Pizzaza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

After debating a couple of restaurants in Ottawa, some one suddenly mentioned Piz'za-za across the river in Gatineau. Wow, I'm glad they did. There were five of us and there wasn't a table available downstairs, so the server took us up to upstairs where we ended up with a private room. Very nice. The server was extremely attentive and brought English menus without being asked. He made recommendations, answered questions and generally just provided excellent service all evening. He was very knowledgeable about all the menu options and when I mentioned my Lactose Intolerance he was able to assure me right away that the feta cheese was indeed real goat feta. Normally this has to be confirmed with a trio to the kitchen.

The food was delicious. I had "La Grecque" pizza with spinach, feta, bacon, tomato and olives, and it really was one of the best pizza's I've had in a while. I have difficulty with pizza because it so often has cheese as an essential ingredient. Here I had a choice of about four pizza I could have enjoyed. Everyone else had equally positive things to say about their food except my son who got the Smoked Trout salad instead of the smoked trout pizza. After my daughter ordered a salad he said "I'll have the smoked trout." so the server thought he wanted the salad rather than the pizza and. My son knew that it was really his own fault and didn't want to complain or wait for the pizza so he just ate the salad.

Overall, this is a place I will return to.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vancouver
“Great meal and attentive, friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

Ordered a couple of killer pizzas for the family and I had linguini with merguez. Very good quality food and reasonable prices. Highly recommend this place.

Visited August 2011
Ottawa, Canada
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2011

Pizzaza is the place if you like thin-crust, fancy pizzas! Escargots, fennel, salsa... The menu is electic and fun. Each pizza I had there has been a delight.

• Visited December 2010