“Wonderful location, terrible food” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #261 of 522 Restaurants in Gatineau
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood, Canadian
Gatineau
“Wonderful location, terrible food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband took me out for my birthday, we had not been to this restaurant in a couple of years because it wasn't very good then. He wanted to give it another chance as it is such a beautiful place and it was a wonderful summer day. We shared a small pizza at $19.95, we asked for extra onions and were charged $3.00 more for very few onions. It wasn't very tasty but ok until my husband bit into a rock, yes a small green pebble in the pizza. He though he had broken a tooth it hurt so much. We complaine the the waitress who was very nice about it, she said she would take it up with the manager. We did not even get an apology from management. The took $10 off the bill. We definately wont be going back, this was their last chance.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Gatineau, Canada
“Holiday feeling”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

This under used section of Aylmer boasts one of the biggest out door terraces both covered with a full canopy as well as with tables in the sun with the appropriate umbrella to protect the table from too much heat. They serve a mean margarita and great nachos and cheese. This is the perfect place to sit on a hot night and look out at the river. There is also live entertainment most evenings. If you want it a little quieter, visit in the afternoon and have a cold beer or a frosty margarita.

Visited June 2013
Gatineau, Canada
“LIke others say...food and service are a fail.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

It kills me when you see a place like this, perfect location and a mulititude of possabilities. The food is bad, the service def poor...the ambiance worse then inside a legion.. Hell, I have good memories of some legions.. the only reason to go is because you were at the beach, the kids were complaining of being hungry and it was the easiest thing to do. Next time just get in your car or on your bike and go somewhere else. Tons of smokers ..... which I thought you weren't allowed to do anymore in /outside seating of the restaurants. Don't waste your money or your time. SOMEONE PLEASE buy this place, fix it up and get some good cooks/ staff in there.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Gatineau
“View great...food terrible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Just went to this restaurant last night (May 4,2013) for the first time...awesome view of Ottawa River and marina..But........... food was awful..and I am not a picky person. I get the feeling there is a lack of experience with the chef and back of the house team.. First clue of what lay ahead.was.we asked waitress for a suggestion and answered '"I don't eat here".

Dip for zuchini was a Kraft dip in litlle plastic container... similar to peanut butter and jam you get at McDonalds.....they should be making their own.

Fried zuchini sticks were greasy...the batter and zuzkini kept falling apart on each bite. Zuchinin was undercooked and slimy.

Pizza was undercooked (When you break a piece of the pizza, the dough had the wet look ).

Waitress was friendly and pleasant and doing the best she could. But service was slow..not putting all of blame on her..restaurant could have brought in another waitress for Saturday crowd.

I would go back here for a beer to enjoy the view..but never to eat again. Hope this helps..

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ottawa, Canada
“Breakfast is where this place is at”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

From looking at the reviews, they would to be average well.. I have to say that the breakfasts are what brings me back here and are above average. I am part of a cycling group in Ottawa and we cycle along the canal, down the parkway and over the Alexandria bridge to Gatineau where we take a scenic route to the Aylmer Marina. My 2 egg breakfast is not your average breakfast. Besides the sausages, homefries and toast, they also serve an arrangement of fruit that is presented in a way that shows that someone in that kitchen cares about the way food is presented and served. Coffee is also really good. So.. if you are living in Ottawa and have a bike and haven't done this before, well I suggest you get on your bike and discover Ottawa-Gatineaus breathtaking views and what better place to stop off at, is the Aylmer Marina.

• Visited June 2012