“Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Papineau, Laurier
Description: This fine cuisine restaurant is located in a historical house, a stone's throw from the Canadian Museum of Civilization, the Palais du Congres (Convention Centre), la Maison du citoyen and minutes from downtown Ottawa and the Casino Lac-Leamy. The fare at Le Tartuffe faithfully follows the inspirations of the owner, Gerard Fischer, resulting in a pleasing union of his French origins with Outaouais influences. Quite unlike Moliere's well-known, hypocritical theatre character of the same name, the restaurant Le Tartuffe is the ideal place to get together to spend happy, easy-going times in a warm, unpretentious atmosphere.
Toronto, Canada
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Expensive average food, cheap furnished patio and prices do not match either.
Our choice was based on a Tripadvisor and we were disappointed.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Syracuse, New York
“Perfectly, lovely lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

My husband and I had 3 o'clock tickets for the IMAX and it was 1:45 and we were hungry and unfamiliar with the area. We were just driving around kind of aimlessly and stumbled upon this charming little restaurant on the corner of a lovely, leafy street. There were a couple of people on the patio and no one dining inside. We were afraid that they were closed for the lunch, but when we opened the door we were greeted by a very warm and friendly young man who helped us sort out our parking issues and gave us the best table in the dining room. He suggested the wine and we had the chef's special. Both were delicious and perfect for a light lunch. It was all serendipity and a genuinely good find! If we're ever back in Ottawa, we will definitely be back.

• Visited August 2014
Ottawa, Canada
“Our Favourite Place in the Ottawa/Gatineau Region”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

My boyfriend and I absolutely LOVE this place for a quiet, romantic evening out. The service, atmosphere, food and wine are perfection. We always ask the sommelier/owner to recommend a bottle of wine or two to go along with our meal choices - usually my boyfriend gets the steak or red meat option and I have had the duck and pork tenderloin before. Every time we have left feeling completely satisfied and raving about how great of a night it was. Though things can get a little pricey if you eat like we do (soup/salad, appetizer each, main, cheese plate, dessert, 2 bottles of wine and a few after meal aperitifs!) .. the impeccable service and food quality are SO worth it. Our favourite spot in the Ottawa region - it is only a 10 minute walk over the Alexandra or Portage bridges from downtown Ottawa! Highly recommend experiencing Le Tartuffe while in Ottawa/gatineau!

• Visited July 2014
Ottawa, Canada
“My best seafood experience in Gatineau”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I went to this cozy little restaurant for my birthday with my fiance. Since it was mid-week, there were not a lot of patrons. Which means we had both great service and flexibility to have a modified versions of the menu. We had soups for appetizers (sample size of 4). My fiance had a nice pork tenderloin plate and I had an amazing lobster for dinner. I was craving something specific for dessert and it was not on the menu. A few moments later I was presented with a custom made dessert with happy birthday written with chocolate sauce on the plate.. It was my first time going there and I look forward to going back.

• Visited June 2013
orleans, on, ca
“Excellent business lunch experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Business lunch for 8. Accommodating - they let us in at 1100 to let us out at 1200. Excellent experience all round. Chef's specials were both excellent. Red wine by the glass choice could do with an Italian or Australian choice. Service was polite and smooth. The main room is not big and clunky and noisy as even some of the good ones are - small room provides cheerful and cozy feeling. Cost was quite reasonable for food and service provided. Good experience all round. Definitely will return.

• Visited January 2014