“GREAT FOOD” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #42 of 538 Restaurants in Gatineau
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Viet Nam stretches over a thousand miles from south to north along the south eastern coast of Asia. Its wide climate range and great variety of edibles have made possible the development of a unique array of recipes which have been refined, over the years, into a distinctive classic cuisine. At Palais du Vietnam Restaurant you will have a chance to discover it all.
Gatineau, Canada
“GREAT FOOD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

my friend and I, go to palais du Vietnam maybe twice a month and we absolutely love the food. I've been to a few Asian food restaurants in the region and nothing comes close to this place. Their chicken stir fry is always so good and their spring rolls are absolutely amazing as well. I will definatly be back within the next week cause for me nothing beats palais du Vietnam. Personaly I have always had excellent service, also love the ambiance its calm and not stressful at all. Over all i would rate their food a 5 star.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Ottawa, Canada
“Always a pleasant atmosphere and a great meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

I've been here several times with big groups and small groups of friends but no matter how busy it is, I have always received fantastic and friendly service. The food is delicious and you really get your bang for your buck given the generous portion sizes. I would recommend the lunch specials as you get soup, a main entree and a spring roll (depending on the lunch special choice). I will be coming back here for years to come!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
ontario
“Good lunch spot”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

The food was fairly bland, I had expected it to be a little more spicy. The lunch menu was reasonably priced but the content of the menu was a little tame. I found the waiter to be a bit off hand but perhaps he wsa just having a bad day, the owner on the other hand was pleasant nd welcoming.The décor is nice and the parking availability was fantastic. I can't say that I will be rushing back as there are so many other really good Vietnamese restaurants in the Ottawa / Gatineau area.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Nassau, New Providence Island
“Not going back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

It was a Friday night. We waited ten minutes at the door. Finally the owner arrived and we finally got served. My knife was dirty -- crusted with food. It took 20 minutes for the waitress to come. It was obvious that they didn't have to capacity either in wait staff or in the kitchen to service the crowd. It took another 20 minutes for the food to come.

The wine list was overpriced for pedestrian plonk. It was $21 for a liter of screw cap special.

I ordered won top soup for an appetizer. It was incredibly salty. My partner ordered spring rolls. They were overcooked and just so-so.

The specials were all over $26 approaching $30 and they were simply not worth it. We ordered our plates at an average of $15 each. We were asked if we wanted rice or vermicelli or fried noodles. We both said vermicelli. They brought out a large plate of it for both us, before the food came. It was a cold, gelatinous mass.

Both plates came with the same brown sauce. It was way too salty. The food was underwhelming.

We didn't order alcohol because there wasn't anything worth ordering. Our meal came to $47 dollars for two entrees and two appetizers. It wasn't worth it. We won't be back

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Canada
“The Best Experience I've had in years!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Today my girlfriend and I went to this restaurant and ordered springrolls. They we're so delicious and crunchy with the fish sauce! and the soft rolls were good. You Should try the boeuf and lemon grass and hot chili and their noodle quang style! Not only that today the beer was 2 for 1 since it's theirs 10 years anniversary!!! and they have special everyday!

I would totally recommend you come come here.

• Visited July 2013