We have stayed in multiple places for our 10 days trip to Toronto, Montreal, Quebec and Ottawa. All cost about $120 per night and they all fabulous except this BW Cartier.
First off it's river view is nice and as expected, the take is the balcony sucks and there are two spiders about the size of a quarter hanging from the ceiling. That scared mr to run right back into the room and shut the door. Btw the balcony double door also sucks, one stuck and one need extra force to shut tight. The balcony is totally outdated as well.
Inside the room, this is also spider web hanging in one corner. Other part of the room is ok clean. Can't tell if the carpet us clean since it's in dark blue. Due to the spider and web, can't give me a warm feeling it is clean. The A/C was not plugged in when we entered the room. Also its filter was lying on the floor and it is dirty. Didn't bother to fix it or call the attendance for that since don't want to cause the dust to fly everywhere. Bathroom partially upgraded, e.g. Shower curtain, counter.
Front parking is tight and there is a ramp in the side I bet you can't make it through because it is so steep. Only if you are driving a car with high clearance like suv. Cost for parking Is $8 per night. With the way parking it should be no charge.
Overall, it is max a 1 star with the cost per night and spider or a 2.5 star if cost $60 per night. Definitely need renovation. Don't understand how other folks give 5 stars here and say loving it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a moment to relax and enjoy the view! Best Western Plus Gatineau-Ottawa is an award winning, waterfront hotel that provides guests with a picturesque view of Canada’s Capital. Our 9 storey structure has 133 guest rooms including 9 suites, 4 banquet rooms offering a total of 4500 square feet of meeting and banquet space and with our events manager directly on site, we can accommodate all your business or leisure event needs. Our hotel offers a relaxing blend of inviting hospitality with state of the art, modern day conveniences, including complimentary wireless high speed internet throughout, free local phone calls, an equipped health facility, a newly renovated indoor salt water pool with a lifeguard provided at all times and indoor parking. Enjoy a stroll across the historic Alexandra bridge, to the famous Byward Market and Ottawa’s downtown business, shopping and entertainment district. We look forward to welcoming you to the Outaouais’ best kept secret. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Gatineau-Ottawa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Hotel Gatineau
- Best Western Gatineau
- Gatineau Best Western
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Gatineau-Ottawa Quebec