“Best Westen Gatineau” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Gatineau
Beauharnois
“Best Westen Gatineau”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I have been staying at The Best Western in Gatineau now for the last 5 weeks. My work makes me travel , I feel like at home , everyone is friendly. The rooms are clean and quiet. the restaurant has great food and at a great price. You have Ottawa just across the river ...everything is close. I recommend it to everyone as we speak I am booking for next week again.

Room Tip: I tried most of the room and I like all of the . The front of the Hotel you have a beautiful view of...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Lives2Travel20, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Bruno V,

Thank you for taking the time to your experiences at our hotel, with the Trip Advisor community. I wish to express my sincere appreciation for your continued loyalty to our hotel. Thank you for allowing us to be your home away from home when visiting the Outaouais region.

On behalf our entire team, thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope to see you soon.

Martin Fogarty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Cornwall, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Front desk staff so very helpful, wonderful breakfast items.
Supper was nice, good choices.
Never wanted to leave the Big comfy bed... looking forward to returning next week.
Used the Gym, would have been nice if there was a bit more equipment, but better than other
hotels that I have stayed at else where, I travel away @ 5 nights/month. I was happy with this hotel and its friendly staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
cdwestca,

Thank you for your review of our hotel; we appreciate the time and effort you took to share your experiences with the Trip Advisor community. Thank you for acknowledging the excellent customer services you received while staying with us. My team and I take personal pride, in delivering superior customer care. I was glad to read you slept well, on our new pillow top Mattresses. Of all our recent room upgrades, By far these have been the most popular. With regards to our fitness facility, you'll be happy to learn that during this off season our gym will be receiving a major upgrades.

Once again Thank you for choosing the Best Western Plus Gatineau-Ottawa, we sincerely look forward to your next stay with us when your travels bring you back to the national capital region.

Pembroke, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We just spent a night at this hotel with our two young children (ages 3 and 4). We chose this hotel because of how close it was to the Children's Museum, inside the Museum of Civilization and because of the affordability.
We had a family suit which was nice as no one was stuck sleeping on a pull out couch, but the kids could be in one room and we could be in another. The two beds and two TV's was very nice!
The one thing that we did not like was how you access the pool. When we checked in we were told we had to let the front desk know when we wanted access and they would let us in as the door is always kept locked. This sounded like a very great security feature to me. UNTIL when we went to enjoy a swim we had to walk OUTSIDE across the corner of the parking lot, past people smoking to get into the pool.
If you are not planning on using the pool, this hotel is good for it's cost. If you plan on using the indoor pool, be prepared to walk outside in the parking lot.

Melissa C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share and acknowledge your experiences at our hotel with the Trip Advisor community.
I was happy to read, that you and your family took full advantage of all our hotel’s features and services. You would be amazed by how many clients have commented on our indoor heated salt water pool, and on the value it brought to their stay. Regarding the access to our pool, the route you most likely took to get to the pool is typically is reserved for clients with special accessibility needs or those whom cannot climb stairs. The primary route to the pool is via a stair case on the 1st floor, where hotel clients can remain warm and secure while heading to the swimming pool.

Once again, on behalf our entire team, thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope to see you soon.

Cannington, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We travel to Gatineau a few times a year to visit family. Of alll the hotels we have tried in this area, the Best Western had the best location, close to museums, just across the bridge from downtown Ottawa and Byward market and good restaurants, best view, best sleeping accommodations, friendly staff, good amenities. Also served hot breakfast if needed. We have found this Best Western to be good value for the money.

Room Tip: Choose room with the view of the water. It is worth the extra cost.
cburgess101,

I wanted to personally thank you for your review of our establishment. It takes time and effort to write a review and I want you to know how much I appreciate your time. Please be assured that I have already shared your comments regarding your stay with my team and have congratulated them on a job well done.

Once again cburgess101, thank you for your continued loyalty to our hotel. We hope to see you soon.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I have been going to this Best Western for many years. I have seen the positive changes here every time I visit. I have ALWAYS found the staff to be friendly, and, helpful. The rooms are clean, and, it is close to all amenities. I come here every year to visit family, and wouldn't think of staying anywhere else. My brother and I just sit on he balcony at night and, chill. It is the most relaxing place I have stayed at. The beds are comfortable, you can set the temp. to your pleasure. We have had meals in the restaurant, and, found them tasty, and affordable. I would highly recommend this Best Western, if you are looking for a clean, quiet, and, comfortable place to stay, THIS IS IT.

Room Tip: Choose a room on an upper floor facing the Ottawa river with a balcony for a great view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Lives2Travel20, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Darrell L,

I wanted to personally thank you for your review of our establishment. It takes time and effort to write a review and I want you to know how much I appreciate your time. Please be assured that I have already shared your comments regarding your great stay with my team, and have congratulated them on a job well done!

Thank you for your continued loyalty to our hotel, we look forward to your next visit with us.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I have been fans of Best Western for a number of years; however, on a recent business trip we skeptical about staying in Gatineau rather than Ottawa. Boy! Were we mistaken:- best view, best sleep and one of the best quick meals in a long time. Go for it. It is definitely worth it.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view.,
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Lives2Travel20, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Auntiepasta714 ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at our hotel, with the Trip Advisor community. Thank you also for your loyalty to our brand and for choosing to stay at our hotel. I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us. Specifically commenting on the view from our Riverview rooms, and the sleep you had in our unbelievably comfortable pillow top mattress beds. As well as having a great meal in our Bistrot Cartier Restaurant. For our team, your experience at our hotel was mission accomplished!
On behalf our entire team, thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope to see you the next time your travels bring you back to the national capital region soon.

Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed here on our trip to visit Ottawa. Did this one on a budget. Basically it was the closest place to our Ottawa destination that we could afford 5 nights with our Air Miles. The pool was perfect for the kids and the restaurant was also very good. Breakfast was not included but thats ok becasue it has a lot of fresh food instead of the bad food ive had at other hotels with breakfast included.

We stayed here for 5 nights and I think thats' why we got the river view room with balcony. There is nothing really fancy about this place but its perfectly fine. It seems to be an old place thats been renovated over the years but its kept clean.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
MegaDanOnline ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at our hotel, with the Trip Advisor community. I was pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I was also glad to hear you enjoyed your meal at the Bistrot Cartier Restaurant. They're an independent operator within our hotel and have been getting some great reviews. Thank you for also mentioning our hotel is well maintained, our hotel's housekeeping department does an outstanding job to ensure our guest rooms and public areas are not just clean, but Ultra clean.

Once again thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We hope to have you stay with us the next time your travels bring you back to the Ottawa-Gatineau region,

Martin Fogarty

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Gatineau-Ottawa? Share your experiences!