“Great price and great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton & Conference Centre Gatineau-Ottawa

You added Four Points by Sheraton & Conference Centre Gatineau-Ottawa to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton & Conference Centre Gatineau-Ottawa
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Gatineau
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Toronto, Canada
“Great price and great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

We've stayed at the 4 points several times, including a New Years Eve a few years back. Great location and very smooth service. I was surprised that my room this visit didn't have a refrigerator in it; otherwise we enjoyed ourselves in the room. Clean and everything worked.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located across from the Canadian Museum of Civilization and only a few minutes away from Ottawa's ByWard Market. It has a nice attractive lobby and the rooms are modern and comfortable. I was very disappointed though with the service at the hotel restaurant, L'Ardoise: on a Wednesday evening they had two groups and staff were overwhelmed. I was told there was a 45-minute wait even though I only wanted appetizers. So I left! Good thing there's an amazing thai restaurant 2 minutes away.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Kingston, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I was caught and had not made a booking. I went to Booking.com and looked at the price. I looked at the hotel rate..it was a few dollars more. I decided to go in person. It was late (10PM). The clerk gave me a discount and then said that parking was $15 for 24 hrs. I had just come from Pittsburgh the month previous and they charged $20 a day so this was reasonable. When I asked the clerk if there was any discount given the time he just looked at me and said "no charge". I was so thankful. When you are retired, you are not looking for hand-outs, but when you get a sympathetic ear, you are grateful. Thank you for being there Four Points. I will return.

Room Tip: I was in room 621 and it looks over the parking lot. This is good as it provides that inner peace wh...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Jamie K, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton & Conference Centre Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Our team sincerely thanks you for taking the time to share your positive experience. Traveling in the evening can certainly be exhausting, but we are happy that we could accommodate you. We wish your safe travels and hope to see you again. Take care!
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I have stayed at the Four Points Gatineau for long and frequent periods for work purposes and I really appreciated the service. Rooms are comfortable, the staff is friendly, cooperative and extremely helpful. Service with a smile!!!

Room Tip: Rooms on corners are nicer and bigger!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Fremont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I recently stayed at the Four Points by mistake while on a business trip. I had asked our travel department to book me in the "Sheraton in Ottawa" and I wond up in the Four Points. Overall it was mistake that worked out well. The Four Points is only about 10 minutes by cab from the Sheraton in downtown Ottawa and the nightly rate is half.

The room was clean and roomy as one would expect from a Four Points. The in-room WiFi performance was good and the morning breakfast was very good.

I especially liked the location as the hotel is right across the street from the Canadian Museum of Civilization. The museum is right on the Ottawa River and it is almost directly opposite Parliament. As such, the view is outstanding.

All in all, I like this hotel and would stay here again the next time I am in "Ottawa."

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Jamie K, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton & Conference Centre Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for staying with us during your recent travels. We are happy to hear that you were pleasantly surprised with your stay. If your travels bring you to the area in the future, we would love to see you again!
Thunder Bay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We had both our ceremony and reception at the hotel.

The hotel staff was wonderful. Despite a hiccup where our original corridintor ended up leaving the hotel we were able to organize everything everything easily.
The food was exactly what I requested, the staff helped set up and take apart the room and they went above and beyond for me.
When we discovered that about 30 chocolate cupcakes were forgotten at my home the chef pulled extra deserts out of the kitchen and set them up for me.
The bar staff was knowledgable and friendly. The front desk staff spoke perfect english and french, which made it easy for our bilingual guest list.

We did photos across the street behind the museum of civilization which were beautiful and convenient.

• Stayed October 2013
Our team is delighted to hear that your ceremony and reception exceeded expectations. We thank you for sharing such a special moment with us and wish you the utmost happiness in this new chapter in your lives.
Casselman, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We just celebrated our son's wedding there this past weekend. The staff were truly excellent in helping us make this a memorable event. They were friendly and easy to accommodate. Anytime we needed something it was done promptly and always with a smile.The reception hall was perfect for the size of our group 95-100 people. The meal was very good. Easily a 9 out of 10. We had a buffet style meal and the food remained hot and fresh throughout the meal. The chef and his staff did and excellent job!! The staff were always ready to speak french and english and this made for communication an easy task. Thanks to all the staff for making this a memorable event.

Room Tip: If you want a view of the Parliament and across the river, I recommend a corner room on either the s...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing Four Points Gatineau-Ottawa for such a special event and congrats to your son! On behalf of our entire team, we are very happy to hear that you had such an enjoyable experience. We understand the importance of quality service during these special times. Thank you again for staying with us!

Been to Four Points by Sheraton & Conference Centre Gatineau-Ottawa? Share your experiences!