The Crowne Plaza Gatineau is best used by people having meetings in the government office complex down the street.
The hotel is competent and professional, but its not warm and cozy. On the two nights mid-week that I was there it was empty/quiet the first night, but full the second night with people attending a big training session at the government buildings.
Rooms big and modern looking and clean. My biggest gripe was ventilation: the windows dont open and the temperature controls didnt truely work - they only turn the fans on or off without changing the temperature. Also I felt there was no air exchange at all in the bathroom (usually steam from the shower will get sucked out of a vent in the bathroom, but no air was moving there at all so the whole suite got steamy and hotter than i prefer).
Breakfast was $14 for a buffet that was modest, not better than say a free Holiday Inn Express. But it does the job.
The location is super lonely and isolated if you are not attending a meeting at the government complex down the street. Its an easy drive or taxi across the bridge into Ottawa, but the hotel parking appears to be small and outdoor. Certainly there is nothing you can walk too near the hotel at night. Some streets nearby are beat up.
Because this hotel caters to government visitors beware of the rack rate. The regular price of the hotel if there is a meeting going on is too high for what you get. But on the other hand if you use some discounting websites to book a room you can probably get a good deal. Priceline got me my room for about half the rack rate, so it was a fair price for the room.
Its a good competent small business hotel in a boring location. I would stay again for the right price if I had meetings nearby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pour de l'information en Français, visitez: Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa Hotel. Welcome to a 4-Star Hotel in Gatineau, Quebec. The Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa hotel offers the perfect blend of leisure activities and business amenities in a convenient location just 2.4 kilometres (1.5 miles) from Parliament Hill. Guests of our Gatineau hotel appreciate the convenience of close proximity to attractions in both Quebec and Ontario. The Casino du Lac-Leamy, Rideau Canal and Byward Market are all less than six kilometers away. For outdoor enthusiasts, the Chaudiere Falls, Provincial bike path, La Route Verte are just out our door at the Parc des Portageurs. You can jog for miles right beside the Ottawa River. Business guests love the comfort of our riverside hotel near Ottawa, which includes a Business Centre and free high-speed Internet access. For meetings, we have more than 15,000 sq. ft. of flexible space. While staying at our hotel in Gatineau, just across the street from the Ottawa River, dine in our restaurant, La Jardiniere, enjoy a drink in Bar des Chutes, do a lap in our saltwater lap pool, sweat it in our Fitness Ctr, sauna or soak in our whirlpool. And of course, our rooms offer the most comfortable stay in the area. Discover the Nation's Capital with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, BookIt.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Plaza La Chaudiere Hotel Gatineau
- Holiday Inn Gatineau
- Gatineau Holiday Inn
- Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa Quebec