We found this gem for a 3 night stay in Ottawa area for the Canada Day festivities. The price was very good, considering many other hotels were already booked solid. The staff were all friendly and fully bilingual. Parking was an extra $13.50 but it was underground parking with in/out privileges. The lobby has a nice staircase waterfall, the rest of it is clean but nothing too exciting.
Our room was very nice, we were on the 10th floor but the view was mostly of office buildings. Everything was very clean and the kitchenette was very spacious. The bathroom was clean and typical. The bed was very comfortable and we both slept very well here. The A/C is hidden and vents through slits in the wall near the ceiling so you do not get the breeze blowing on you.
The walk from hotel to parliament was only about15 minutes. We got the breakfast deal with the room and were not disappointed, it includes the usual hot favourites buffet style. For the price, location, breakfast and room quality we recommend this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Plaza La Chaudiere Hotel Gatineau
- Holiday Inn Plaza La Chaudiere Hotel
- Holiday Inn Gatineau
- Gatineau Holiday Inn
- Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa Quebec
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pour de l'information en Français, visitez: Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa Hotel. Welcome to a 4-Star Hotel in Gatineau, Quebec. The Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa hotel offers the perfect blend of leisure activities and business amenities in a convenient location just 2.4 kilometres (1.5 miles) from Parliament Hill. Guests of our Gatineau hotel appreciate the convenience of close proximity to attractions in both Quebec and Ontario. The Casino du Lac-Leamy, Rideau Canal and Byward Market are all less than six kilometers away. For outdoor enthusiasts, the Chaudiere Falls, Provincial bike path, La Route Verte are just out our door at the Parc des Portageurs. You can jog for miles right beside the Ottawa River. Business guests love the comfort of our riverside hotel near Ottawa, which includes a Business Centre and free high-speed Internet access. For meetings, we have more than 15,000 sq. ft. of flexible space. While staying at our hotel in Gatineau, just across the street from the Ottawa River, dine in our restaurant, La Jardiniere, enjoy a drink in Bar des Chutes, do a lap in our saltwater lap pool, sweat it in our Fitness Ctr, sauna or soak in our whirlpool. And of course, our rooms offer the most comfortable stay in the area. Discover the Nation's Capital with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.