We recently stayed in this hotel for a hockey tournament. The hotel was full as we expected. I arrived early, was set up with the parking (underground around the corner from the hotel - very easy, in and out access). I was told that my room would be ready at 3. Despite repeated attempts to get in early, I went to the desk at 3 and was told that it wasn't ready. The hotel clearly was having difficulty with managing the numbers. Disapointed, we went out for the evening and at least it was ready when we returned. (I wasn't offered anything for this 'inconvenience' - the front desk seemed overwhelmed or unable to handle the delays; in hindsight I should have asked for a better rate)
The rooms are large and we had a king (with a pull out single bed), plus a kitchenette. The rooms were well appointed expect for some reason the toilet paper roll was hard to reach (?) and there were no hooks in the bathroom (assume it was an oversight on renovations, that must have been fairly recent). The room had a door between the bathroom and sleeping area, which was great - since another hockey team had congregated in the hall outside our room. Once the door was closed, you couldn't hear the people in the hall which was great.
The kids enjoyed the salt water pool which was a decent size.
The location just over the river was good - it was easy to find and navigate too. It is just a short distance to War Museum and not far away from the 417 or the downtown core/Parliment buildings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pour de l'information en Français, visitez: Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa Hotel. Welcome to a 4-Star Hotel in Gatineau, Quebec. The Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa hotel offers the perfect blend of leisure activities and business amenities in a convenient location just 2.4 kilometres (1.5 miles) from Parliament Hill. Guests of our Gatineau hotel appreciate the convenience of close proximity to attractions in both Quebec and Ontario. The Casino du Lac-Leamy, Rideau Canal and Byward Market are all less than six kilometers away. For outdoor enthusiasts, the Chaudiere Falls, Provincial bike path, La Route Verte are just out our door at the Parc des Portageurs. You can jog for miles right beside the Ottawa River. Business guests love the comfort of our riverside hotel near Ottawa, which includes a Business Centre and free high-speed Internet access. For meetings, we have more than 15,000 sq. ft. of flexible space. While staying at our hotel in Gatineau, just across the street from the Ottawa River, dine in our restaurant, La Jardiniere, enjoy a drink in Bar des Chutes, do a lap in our saltwater lap pool, sweat it in our Fitness Ctr, sauna or soak in our whirlpool. And of course, our rooms offer the most comfortable stay in the area. Discover the Nation's Capital with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, BookIt.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Plaza La Chaudiere Hotel Gatineau
- Holiday Inn Gatineau
- Gatineau Holiday Inn
- Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa Quebec