“nice place! Dishonest Staff!!!” 3 of 5 stars

Le St-Christophe - Hotel & Spa
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Denison Est | 255, Granby, Quebec J2H 2R4, Canada   |
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Granby
Montreal, Canada
“nice place! Dishonest Staff!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

We booked a one vacation for our anniversary and for valentine's day weekend. Before booking the room, I called to ensure that there would not be an extra charge as it was a holiday weekend. I was told that there was an additional 20 charge which I agreed to. When we arrived we did not get the room that was promised with a balcony and a fireplace as we were told that there were none left. The night itself was enjoyable and the room was clean and it was a relaxing place, but upon our checkout I was charged an additional 160 dollars, which I refused to pay. After some discussion, I was charged an additional 115. I am very upset about these additional charges and no longer trust this hotel or anything they say. I would not go back in fear of spending more money!!!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask about hidden fees and charges and double and even triple check because they'll...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
HotelStChristophe, Guest Relations Manager at Le St-Christophe - Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Miss Hilary,
I understand your dissapointement, but the extra charges (taxes and gratuities) are mentionned on the coupon you purchased on Tuango or GoYub.
I am sorry for the confusion if we havn't mentionned it at your arrival or during the reservation.
I hope we will have the chance to see you again.
Kind regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Went there for 1 night initially, decided to stay another night. Staff was friendly. It was nice to have a call after I got to my room, to ask if everything was to my liking. I wasn't aware of the 4pm check in policy as most other hotels are 3pm. Nevertheless had to wait until 4:20pm. Room was clean, classy, and comfortable. It was kind of strange having a frosted bathroom door for a room with 2 double beds, you could almost see through doors. Pool, hot tub, and sauna were nice and not very busy.

Breakfast was another story! How long does breakfast actually take? There's like 6 things on the menu! We were literally waiting 1hr from sit down to food served. Also, if someone extends their stay, please give them the complimentary breakfast coupon, or call them and ask if they'd like to pay the additional charge. I was told upon check in, that the complimentary breakfast included bagels and waffles, which is fine, but when I went down the 2nd morning (after I forgot to get the 7$ breakfast from the desk, my fault), I simply asked for the bagel and cereal breakfast, not the a la carte menu. The waitress said ok, and asked if I would like yogurt with that. Not knowing what was part of the free breakfast, I said yes. Then I got a bill for $15. It was fine, but a little confusing. That also took an hour! To what, toast a bagel? The restaurant was half full, which is like 6-7 tables. They didn't even apologize for the time it took, like that was all normal.

Didn't try the spa, as I read that it was under the stairwell and noisy. So, cannot comment on that myself. Another thing they should mention, is the fact that the back door is locked after a certain time, so my key card does not allow me to get in, which kind of defeats the purpose of having key entry. I normally wouldn't mind walking around to the front entrance, but it was -40. The back is where the parking lot is. Baffling!

It was my first Ascend visit. And I'm sorry, but I was expecting a little more.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
HotelStChristophe, Guest Relations Manager at Le St-Christophe - Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Mister Rory,
I would like to thank you for your comments. We think that guest feedback is the best way to improve our product and service and become an establishment where we have the entire satisfaction of our guest.
I took note of your comments and be sure that we will try our best to give you what you expect next time!
Thanks again!
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Stayed here during the holidays with the family. Gorgeous european styled place - nicely decorated hotel. Great spa services, enjoyed the sauna and jacuzzi outdoors while it was snowing! Pricing is okay, excellent food - breakfast included in room fees. Kids love the pool.
I am sure this place is a hit during the summer - located on lake Boivin (I think) with a bike bath etc.... many things to do. Near the main streets of Granby - cute little shops, cafes and restaurants.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
HotelStChristophe, Public Relations Manager at Le St-Christophe - Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
First of all, thank you very much for your comments.
You are right, we are very well located, directly on the bike path and near all the attractions in town. Summer is a great season for the tourism, as well as winter!
We wish that you will be back to enjoy the eastern townships again.
Thanks again for your good words.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Stayed for two nights with daughter for the JEQ in Bromont
-warm welcome at desk very polite and curtious.

-rooms very clean and well kept, good toiletries.

-nice indoor pool and whirlpool nice way to wind down after long day.

-appreciated a la carte breakfast, nice selection. included in price of room.

-set up to look like french manor a tad tacky but easily overlooked.

-my only complaint the hotels location, a bit off the travelled path .

-all in all a good deal

• Stayed September 2013
HotelStChristophe, Guest Relations Manager at Le St-Christophe - Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
First of all, i would like to thank you for staying at the St-Christophe Hotel Boutique & Spa. We appreciate our guest and hospitality is a priority for us.

According to what you wrote, we did accomplish our mission to satisfy our custumer! We are very proud of that, and we wish we will have the chance to see you again!

Thanks for your comments.
Kind regards,
Repentigny, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

My husband and I spent 2 nights at this great place. It's not like any other choice hotel. Spa, jacuzzi, massages and and indoor heated pool. We were traveling in the area because we enjoy bike riding and the bicycle path is right at the back of this hotel. They also have a nice terrasse were you could enjoy they great dinner meals they serve. Try it!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelStChristophe, Guest Relations Manager at Le St-Christophe - Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments!
I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.
Hope to see you again in the future!
Fredericton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Lovely-looking hotel, plenty of parking and gorgeous entrance lobby. The staff were comfortable in English, handy as we don't speak French, and very helpful. We had an incident where one of our children thought her stuffed toy dog had gone out with the sheets when the room was cleaned, and the staff made every effort to find it for her (it turned up under the bed!)
Reason for the average rating: the restaurant. The food was good and there was plenty of variety on the menu, and again the service was great - but overpriced, oh my! It cost us for 2 adults and 3 children almost $200, we only had main courses and three desserts, two beers and a glass of wine.
The room was great, clean and well looked after, although there was a frosted glass door to the bathroom which my almost teenage girls had a bit of a problem with. We all enjoyed the warm saltwater pool and hot tub. We only stayed two nights, but we ate elsewhere the 2nd night!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
First of all, i would like to thank you for your good comments about our hotel. We work hard to satisfy all our guests, and it's a pride to see that our efforts are worth it.
You can be sure that all our employees speak english and that their priority is the customer service.
About the restaurant, i'm sorry it didnt fit your needs. We now have some very good promotion for the family and for couples. But, we should never forget that we serve some gastronomic food and the price versus the quality of the food is very affordable.
We hope to see you again in the future!
Fredericksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have an office in Granby Qc CND and when I go to teh office I am there for teh week - Well this well placed Hotel is just off the beat and path of the City of Granby and offers a well appointed room with a quint bar and restaurant... It over looks a nice lake and its just off a great walking or running trail. The food in the AM is great the staff is even better. I have not been disappointed at this location and I am making it my new place when in that area... I have yet to try there Restaurant for Lunch or Dinner but from what I have heard it will be juts as good if not better than Breakfast...

Room Tip: Call ahead this is almost a boutique location... Well worth it.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HotelStChristophe, Guest Relations Manager at Le St-Christophe - Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for you comments. We appreciate a lot your positive feedback. Corporate guest can be satisfy at the St-Christophe with our free high speed wifi internet, our corporate room with desk and our delicious restaurant on site.
We hope to see you again in the future!
Kind regards

Been to Le St-Christophe - Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!