“Best detour ever!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cross street: Deragon
Vaudreuil-Dorion, Canada
“Best detour ever!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

If you are visiting the Granby region this summer you MUST make a stop for an unbelivable food experience!
L'Imperial Restaurant is one of the finest culinary experience you need to enjoy.
Do not judge the book by it's cover.. The exterior is a old strip mall... but the inside is the most wonderful decor, perfect ambiance and real good food.
I tried the beef tartar, duck confit and I was extremely impressed with both. Extremely well priced, not too expensive.
You also have to see the Wine cellar, great selection...
Really MUST try fabulous cullinary experience!
Enjoy!!

• Visited May 2013

Montreal, Canada
“Amazing food and concept with friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

A group of friends went to L'Imperial as we heard this was one of the best restaurant of the eastern township...We were not disappointed. They sat us down at a table and the whole group shared the same menu prepared by the chef. One after the other, the appetizers were put in the middle of the table for us to share. Fabulous. Then the main course arrived on many different plates. Amazing. This gave us the opportunity to tase many of the great dishes of the restaurant, and it was nice to be able to just sit down, have a glass of wine and talk to friends without having to worry about ordering. This restaurant is definitely worth the trip.

• Visited May 2013
Montreal, Canada
“One of the best meal I ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I went to Restaurant L'Impérial on a friday night with 8 other members of my family, so we opted for the "family style" option. I often go to L'Impérial, but it was my first time trying the "family style", where every plates we order comes in huge quantities for all the family to share. Everything I ate was out of this world, and the portions were perfect for us. I was really impressed with the greek salad. As usual, the chef outdid himself, even paying us a visit! The staff was amazing and very helpful. I would definitely recommend Restaurant L'Imperial to my friends.

• Visited June 2013
Quebec
“Long wait for the main course!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Read the glowing reviews in The Gazette and the online reviews, mostly positive. We were expecting something extra-ordinary in terms of service and food. The waitress who took our order seemed aloof and not very friendly. The soup and salad arrived after 15 minutes, but the main course took over an hour to reach our table. This was the daily special after all!! I had ordered the cod, which was presented on a bed of green beans and a slice of lemon. The fish was swimming in butter and had been left too long in the oven or on the stove. My husband had the pork chop and it was very good. The french fries that accompanied the pork had seen better days. Limp and not very appealing. No vegetables in sight! The music was very loud. Don't go here if you want to have a conversation. Dessert was not included. Average price for the daily lunch special, approx $ 15.00 and it includes, soup or salad, main course and coffee.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“A gem in a nondescript neighbourhood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This shopping mall, partially empty, does not promise anything great.

Walk inside L'Impérial and it is another world. Modern elegance, warm welcome and a waitress who is passionate about the menu.

We had lunch there: the halibut was perfect, the skin was crisp and the bed of vegetable impeccable. The pasta of the day with duck sauce was simply delicious.

How lucky Granby is to have such a restaurant.

• Visited October 2012