“Nice ambience, good food, pleasant service.” 4 of 5 stars

121 Barlow Ave, Quesnel, British Columbia V2J 2B8, Canada
(250) 992-8861
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 70 Restaurants in Quesnel
Cuisines: Dessert, Italian, Pizza, Seafood, Steakhouse, Pizza & Pasta, Pasta, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Mackenzie, Canada
“Nice ambience, good food, pleasant service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

I'm appalled by Lori's experience, but can only comment on that of my wife and I. We were told it was the best place in town to go for a romantic dinner (it was our anniversary), and we were not disappointed. The food and wine were quite good, as was the service.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Best restaurant in Quesnel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011 via mobile

I've had dinner here a number of times and it's always been a pleasant experience. Good restaurants in Quesnel are rare especially food quality but Penisola is very good all around. The wine selection is limited which is my only complaint (probably could bring my own bottle if I asked). Oh and nice table linen would be awesome. Service is friendly, good lighting,
great menu selection, and decent
prices. Highly recommend! :)

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Quesnel, Canada
“Don't go here if you have children or go at all!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

For lunch today we ate a nice meal at Penisola in quesnel. Was told when leaving that my child (14 months) was a "pig" because of some cheerios and some crumbs under the table. Will not ever be going back. Poor waitress was in tears when we paid because of the rudeness of her manager. I am right pissed off. I couldn't believe it; she went on to say that her servers are not slaves and that she would not leave such a mess if she ate at our house. I didn't know I had a Restaurant at my house where I pay quite a bit for the a meal. I asked don't you have one of those hand push vacuum/brooms and she said no... So is it my fault that she doesn't have the right supplies to run a restaurant. Maybe they should put a sign at the door NO CHILDREN or Bring your own BROOM!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Victoria BC
“Surprisingly good food & service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

The food is well-cooked, the service is good, the riverside location and ambience are pleasant, the prices are reasonable. What's not to like?
It's remarkable to find such quality in a small town!