“Your standard sports bar” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Shark Club Bar & Grill

The Shark Club Bar & Grill
940 Chew Ave Hwy 97 South and Maple Drive (@ Sandman Hotel Quesnel), Quesnel, British Columbia, Canada
250.747.0311
Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 69 restaurants in Quesnel
Quesnel, Canada
“Your standard sports bar”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I'm starting to get a little to old for places like this, but I won't hold it against them. The restaurant is dimly lit, filled with scantily-clad waitresses and photos on the wall of even more scantily-clad waitresses. The standard pub deals - wing nights, drink specials - are excellent and worth taking advantage of. The service has always been pretty good for me.

On a night with a big sports event happening (UFC, Canucks game, etc) or it's wing night, it gets very crowded, and I would only recommend this place if you're a 20-30 year old male.I am at the tail-end of that demographic and feel a little out of place. Nonetheless, the energy is high. On a slow night, I feel a little less agoraphobic and appreciate the sports bar vibe a little more.

My major complaint is the layout of the room. There are certain seats in the house that would make watching the TVs next to impossible. The only reason I would come to this establishment would be to watch sports, so I'd be hooped if only the bad seats were open! At any rate, Boston Pizza, which is just up the road, has a superior sports bar that is a little more relaxed. Given a choice, I would choose BP every time to watch a game.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

35% Recommend
Burns Lake, Canada
“Great food... but that's about it.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Seems like a popular place. Fairly busy when we where there. Service was slow. Servers are young, good looking, scantily clad women - which can be either a good or bad thing depending.... but it gives you a good idea of the type of place it is. Food was very good. The giant shark hanging over the bar could use a good dusting.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Food is CRAP !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012 via mobile

Food has been crap here from the get go, stay away from the pizza's, the dough in the middle is raw, just a soggy wet disgusting peice of nastiness, time for a new chef, won't be back as a result of crap food and very slow service.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Cloverdale, BC. Canada
“Don't really know what it's like”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012 via mobile

I would love to write a full review of the place, but the fact is I can't. The service was so atrocious that I didn't stick around to see if the food was ok. I seriously sat there for almost 10 minutes as I watched 4 different servers walk around (2 of them not even walking, just hangin out) 1 actually did say to me that someone would be right with me after I was there for 5 minutes. 5 minutes later I walked over to her and told her what I thought of the service and walked out.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Winnipeg, Canada
“Got in late Superbowl Sunday and had place to myself”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

As luck would have it, business required that I travel to Quesnel during the Superbowl. Checked into Sandman and went for a bite in the adjacent Shark Club. No one here other than staff. The manager served me personally and gave me the remote to watch whatever I wanted. He even "grandfathered" me for the killer chicken wing deal they had earlier for the game. WINGS EXCELLENT. Cost me less then $10. Recommend to anyone

Visited February 2012