“Lovely stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bighorn Meadows Resort

Save Saved
You added Bighorn Meadows Resort to your Saves list
Bighorn Meadows Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   #10 Bighorn Blvd. | PO Box 571, Radium Hot Springs, British Columbia V0A 1M0, Canada   |
Offers & Announcements
Stay 7, Pay 5!
Kelowna, Canada
“Lovely stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2007

My husband, 14 year old son and I stayed at the Bighorn Meadows for part of our annual golf vacation. We had a one bedroom suite which was lovely. It is set right in the middle of Radium Springs Golf Course which was perfect for us.

We found the accomodation to be very clean and very comfortable.

As they are still building new buildings it is a bit of a noise factor during the day with hammering and all. Sometimes the staff isn't to sure where things are (again, its a new place) like the trash bins.

We hope the people staying on either side of us don't hate us too much as we could not figure out the surround sound on the TV/DVD and sometimes it would just come out so loud.

They have a lovely pool and hot tub in the middle of the resort and the have free DVD/VCR movies.

We didn't have a problem with the local grocery store as they had everything we needed to make our meals.

We would definetly return to Bighorn Meadows.

Stayed July 2007

140 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2007

We cut our 6-day stay short by 3 nights because: the first night we had a couple noisily moving chairs and fighting above us - four letter words could be heard frequently. The third night we had neighbours on the side check in at 1:30am and it sounded at first as if they were coming through our door. Despite a call to the Operations Manager - there is no staff on the premisses after 5pm - the noise moving in lasted about an hour and a half. The insulation between the units is either very bad or non exisiting. Anyway: that was enough for us - we moved out the next morning.

Stayed February 2007
Portland, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2007

This resort is tucked away in the Canadian Rockies in the tiny town of Radium. I drove nearly 700 miles to get away from it all and I sure got what I was asking for. I stayed in a two bedroom condo, which was absolutely beautiful, with breathtaking views of snow covered mountains. The thing is - it wore off after a day or two and then I just got bored. There weren't any noteworthy restaurants or shops to keep my interest. I had to drive 20 miles to find a decent grocery store - Sobeys in Invermere. Thank goodness my room had a kitchen.

The website was a little misleading as well. I came for a quite spa vacation only to discover the resort's spa hasn't even been built. Their website has a list of services, packages and prices, so I didn't even think to ask ahead of time. I'm also surprised that the resort is not building a restaurant on site. It would make a very welcom addition.

I did manage to find a spa in Invermere called Pamper Yourself Spa. The treatments here are good (although limited) and the staff is nice and friendly. But, if you're looking for a luxurious, serene escape, you're in for a surprise. The facility is a little bit like that one friend we all have who hasn't updated their wardrobe since the 80s. Needless to say, it could use a face lift. Also, when I went for a mani/pedi, I was expecting a soaking massage chair and instead got a little portable foot spa. This place is full of potential, but in need of serious updates and upgrades.

I visited the hot springs, which when it's only 18 degrees outside don't seem so "hot". i went at dinner time, which was a good idea. The site was very pretty at night and there weren't as many people in the pool. I was ready to go by the time the after-dinner rush arrived.

Overall, this place is brimming with potential, but falls just short of being a great vacation spot. Investors take note, with the addition of a few good restaurants and shops, this place could really be hot spot.

• Liked — The scenery
  • Disliked — No spa or restaurant on site
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Edmonton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2005

A trip to Radium Hot Springs is never a bad thing, but this past March we had the opportunity to stay in a one-bedroom unit at Bighorn Meadows, and our stay at this resort made our trip just that much better. I can't say enough good things about this place - the condo was beautifully furnished, the view out the living room window was unbelievable, and the staff were, without exception, extremely friendly and helpful. Even though the resort is still under construction, this didn't afffect our stay at all. The layout of the units is such that all you see from the windows are the mountains and the golf course, but you're actually right at the edge of town and can easily walk there if you choose. This resort is a great base from which to explore the Columbia Valley.

• Stayed March 2005

Been to Bighorn Meadows Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Bighorn Meadows Resort

Address: #10 Bighorn Blvd. | PO Box 571, Radium Hot Springs, British Columbia V0A 1M0, Canada
Location: Canada > British Columbia > Kootenay Rockies > Radium Hot Springs
Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#4 Family Hotel in Radium Hot Springs
#8 Romantic Hotel in Radium Hot Springs
Hotel Class:3 star — Bighorn Meadows Resort 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Bighorn Meadows Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Bighorn Meadows Hotel Radium Hot Springs

If you own or manage Bighorn Meadows Resort, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.