We stayed at the Radium Resort April 26 & 27, 2013, sadly left for home on April 28. Front desk staff were great, everything was prepared for us and our room was great. We upgraded to the Executive Suite so were on main level, no stairs to deal with, jacuzzi tub in room, stand up shower, the most comfortable king bed we have ever slept in, so comfy I took a pic of the brand to try and purchase later : )
We golfed 9 holes the first day on Radium Resort (vs the Springs), nice thing about Radium Resort course is its right there, no driving, so no need to worry about how many wobbly pops you have on the course ; ) 1st 9 holes is shorter than the back 9, was a good warm up for day 2. 2nd day we golfed 18 and just kept going up to 27 holes ! The best game ever as we didn't even bother keeping score and such beautiful scenery. A herd of about 25 deer ran past us on the back 9.
Golf carts were preloaded with scorecard, pencil, 3 tees, towel, beverage cooler with ice, perfect service.
Room for improvement ? My only suggestions are with the restaurant.
1) Service was mostly adequate except for 1 server who we keeped seeming to get even though we specifically sat in a different area hoping or someone else. When someone does not want to be there it certainly shows and effects your stay. She had not tried one thing on the menu so could not suggest, proceeded to tell us that she was tired, then that she didn't want to be there. SO LEAVE !! you aren't doing anyone any favors by staying.
2) Breakfast buffet, unless you are there when they open don't expect your food to be warm, or for there to be any bread selection left. Jams I'm certain are from last season as they can't even be spread. Eggs were flavorless and only had scrambled. Coffee weak like water.
3) Dinner - very limited selection, if you order fries beware, they are frozen and most likely have been in the freezer since last year, tasted freezer burnt. I ordered a burger, the burger was fine but the lettuce was so old and wilted I would have been ashamed to serve it. The tomato garnish was a half rotten wrinkled old grape tomato. If it's not fresh - don't serve it !
Don't get me wrong, we would go back, but it would be nice to anticipate a nice meal after a long day of golf instead of wondering just how bad it will be. One of the things we enjoyed about the resort was being able to stay and have everything under one roof without having to drive anywhere.
I'll be back, and I'll write another review. If the kitchen staff and servers improve this would be a no brainer to book again.
- Also Known As:
- Radium Hotel Radium Hot Springs
- Radium Hot Springs Resort
- Radium Resort Hot Springs
- Radium Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Radium Resort can accommodate over 500 guests in comfortably appointed Premier Rooms, Executive Suites, Loft Units and Condominium/Villa Units, all overlooking the recently renovated Resort Course. Features include two 18 hole golf courses, The Springs & The Resort Course, indoor pool, hot tub, fitness centre, racquetball & squash, children's playground, restaurant, patio & lounge, wedding, conference & meeting facilities, and Rising Sun Massage & Spa. Complimentary hot breakfast, wi-fi and parking are included for all hotel guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Radium Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.