“We loved it and we'll be back” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gables Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Radium Hot Springs
Gables Motel
Save Saved
You added Gables Motel to your Saves list
5028 Hwy. 93 | Box 67, Radium Hot Springs, British Columbia V0A 1M0, Canada   |
Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Radium Hot Springs
Calgary, Canada
“We loved it and we'll be back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

My husband and I went to the Radium Hot Spring on June 24. We stayed at Gables Motel for the night. This place is just like what it's said on its website http://www.gablesmotel.ca/ - clean, friendly, and convenient. We joined our stay and will definitely be back again next time when we are in the region.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Lethbridge, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

WOW! Great place and great deal.

My husband and I enjoy staying at the Gales Motel when we travel in the area. The rooms we have had are very clean, the wonderful woman at the front desk is very welcoming and I love the flowers she is growing.

We appreciate having an affordable, tidy and pleasant motel to stay in while traveling.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Vancouver BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011 via mobile

Stayed here with a group of family members for our Easter weekend trip, 2010. The lady who runs the place was wonderful, committed to cleanliness and making sure we enjoyed our stay. The rooms were excellent value, the rates were so affordable that my relatives decided to 'splurge' on the Honeymoon suite! We all had a good laugh joking that the suite looked like Vegas in the 50's, in a good way, funky but very comfortable. Nice jacuzzi tub.
The rest of us had the regular double room. Old and in need of basic renos (the sink was cracked) but exceptionally clean.
Contrary to the previous review there was no sign of smoke in our non smoking rooms. The rooms were tooooo clean to show any signs of past smokers.
Excellent location, close enough to the hot springs for a brisk power walk! And mountain sheep wandering right past the motel, how cool is that! The proprietor gave us hot springs passes including an extra since I had my son in one of our rooms. Great service, value, location, and cleanliness.

• Stayed April 2011
Terrace, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2010

Radium was the halfway point in our travels and I was happy with the off season price. It was $79. And the room had a jet tub in the bathroom which I was very happy about. The lady at the front desk was very friendly and gave us two free passes to the hot springs. The room was stated to be non smoking, but the absence of an ashtray does not erase the accumulated stench of a previous "smoking room" I had some essencial oils with me so I sprinkled them around the room on the carpet to make it smell better. When I opened one of the drawers of the "dresser" there was a pillow covered in cat hair. Other than that we had a very nice stay. We got pizza at Rockies pizza which was excellent! And we really enjoyed that Jaccuzzi tub!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2010

I had the opportunity to stay at this motel many times over the course of 2008 & 2009 while over seeing the construction our families dream cottage. Each room we stayed in was clean and extremely comfortable! The owner seemed to go out of her way to accommodate us for late arrivals and last minute bookings. I would definitely stay there again and would recommend family and friends to, if we have no more room in our cottage. :-)

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2006

My husband and I would like to share our great weekend that we spent in Radium Hot Springs. We were looking for a place to stay for the night and here we saw a beautiful motel filled with the most amazing flowers so that cought our eye and we decided to stop in. We met the new manager right away we were greeted and welcomed. As we entered our room we were very pleased with the cleanliness and comfort. Therefore will defenitly be returning and recomending to all of our friends. Hello to the lady manager and her wonderfull cat Oreo.

• Liked — Friendly, clean and comfortable atmosphere
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sylvan Lake, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2006

I was all to excited to take my family to Radium for Sept long weekend. The man on the phone at the hotel told me they are right across from the springs. So upon getting there, we found in fact it was NOT! First thing wrong, next up when we got there, they wanted us to pay cash up front, i was shocked because most places use visa or mc to secure the room and then you pay when you leave. You'll find out why in a moment. Opon entering our room we were greeted with a horrible odor so foul it can not be explained and not one or two or three spiders but four of them, in our bathtub. And they we're HUGE! I have a sqeamish 6 year old, it did not sit well with her. Anyways my fiance killed the spiders, (sorry spider lovers) and we got ready to go to the springs. We returned to the hotel about 8 that nite, only to find more spiders. I went to front desk to maybe change rooms or anything, no one to be found...the door was locked! Enraged i said ok one nite staying here and tommorow we'll go somewhere else. Next morning wanting to check out and get our money back, once again no one around at all. I even tried calling. This place needs to get it together. All in all a miserable stay. I phoned when we got home and to complain and in a very strong accent the women said " you should have told us before you left" ah lady we would have if we could find you!

• Stayed September 2005

Been to Gables Motel? Share your experiences!