“Three Day Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radium Chalet

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Radium Hot Springs
Radium Chalet
You added Radium Chalet to your Saves list
5063 Madsen Road, Radium Hot Springs, British Columbia V0A 1M0, Canada (Formerly Chalet Europe)   |
Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Radium Hot Springs
“Three Day Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

What impressed us was the quiet surroundings and rooms. The staff were very friendly and accommodating to our stay, and the view was great. We booked online and found no complications with our experience. We would like to extend our thanks to the dedicated staff of Chalet Europe and hope to visit again someday.
Don and Gail

Room Tip: The Eagles nest had spectacular views and boasts two balconies!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Banff National Park, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Very clean, cozy suites with a great view from the room balcony! Kids loved seeing the wildlife so closeby and the breakfast was spectacular !!!! home cooked that morning by the owner- YUM! Also just up the hill from main road so it was nice it was so convenient! We'll be back for another stay for sure!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

The room was nice enough, with separate bedroom, kitchen and seating area leading onto the balcony, and a lovely view of the town. However, our experience was frankly...creepy. The staff member on duty was highly unprofessional. We asked some simple questions about the check out time, which turned into a sketchy hour long life story from which it was very difficult to escape. In the morning, the same individual stood at the desk and stared at me while I ate breakfast (the tables are only a few feet away). The food was cold (pancakes, eggs, hashbrowns), and the milk was sour. We both spent the next couple days recovering from food poisoning. Additionally, the debit machine didn't work when we tried to check out.

Travelers are raving about these Radium Hot Springs hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

this place is an absolute joke. from booking to the actual stay nothing was enjoyable. when i first called to book using a voucher i had purchased the woman on the phone first told me they don't honour the vouchers- then she tells me they do. then tells me its not available for the weekend i wanted (no blackouts for the weekend i wanted on the voucher) then tells me oh wait it is but the chalet was booked. so i chose another weekend. she asks for my credit card info to secure the room, as normal when booking a hotel. 2 weeks later i have a charge from the chalet on my credit card, i have yet to actually stay there, so I call to inquire advising i have purchased vouchers previously and you pay your fees when you check in/checkout in case you have any add ons etc. she says "why are you so worried its only 44$ its not a big deal" well 1. for someone who keeps track of my finances to the penny i like to know when and where my charges are coming from 2. you never advised i would be getting charged anything, you took my card number to secure the room, had id been advised they were pre-paid i would have expected them, obviously.
when we arrived i was horrified, broken kids toys in the garden, awful grounds not looked after and at check in the owner said not a word about breakfast, where, when etc, gave me my key i had to ask where the room was located. we had mice nibble into some of our sealed bags on the counter overnight, and we never received our bottle of wine that was supposed to be included in the 2 night stay voucher. our fireplace didn't work, and when we got up to go get the breakfast before we headed out for a hike, the office was closed and locked- at 830am. which is not too early to be looking for breakfast at a hotel. needless to say there are many reasons we will NEVER go back to this place. there are many other tidy, appealing, properly maintained motels in the area that I would gladly book with.

Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

everything was average... not wow but not horrible.
I have to say because the chalet is perched halfway up a mountain, it does have quite a view of the town. Thought it was just continental breakfast but does have hot breakfast. Charlie the wild turkey that kinda lurks around the parking lot was quite a sight. The shower curtain was too long in our bathroom (not the end of the world though) ... the manager is VERY laid back so I'm not sure when to take him seriously... also talks about he's planning to put a lot of investment in the chalet to upgrade things and add a nice patio restaurant since they've got the view.... not sure if he was just saying it in front of us.

All in all... great view! everything else average.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

End to end booking process was absolutely ridiculous. Booked months ago Chris, the owner initially was not going to take my business because I only wanted to book for one day, they agreed to give me a room only after they jacked up the price $50. I agreed because this was the place I wanted to stay. He took my credit card info, promised to send a booking confirmation. After several weeks, I had not received the confirmation, I called back and ended up speaking to a woman who had no idea that I had booked my stay with them. She also took my info, stated she would send me an e-mail confirmation which I also did not receive. Ultimately they HAD taken down my reservation, although I was not aware of this and then they cancelled it in favor of renting the room to someone for two days rather than one. Ownership here is questionable at best and although I have many regrets, the main one is ever providing a credit card. Stay clear of this place!

Calgary, Alberta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at the Chalet Europe Hotel in August 2013. The location / views were nice and the included breakfast was pretty descent, but the rooms themselves really need some attention in regards to minor fixes that would be a huge difference to reviews and repeat patronage.

We don't typically sweat the minor details, but find it a little amazing that the owners wouldn't just fix up the minor things in order to make their establishment more presentable, such as repairing broken, damaged, heavily worn baseboards; cleaning / repairing grout and chalking; etc (minor items that make a big difference to discriminating guests). One bigger example would be the deck carriage style light that was hanging up-side-down by it's wires... why is this not just fixed? Also, there was a sink just sitting on a ledge of the parking lot of the hotel, which is odd and should just be tidied up.

We did have a cleanliness issue our first day, which we brought to the manager's attention the next morning. He was concerned about his cleaning staff and made sure they were all made aware and gave us a bottle of wine for the trouble. I highly suggest that you bring any issues to the manager's attention so they have an opportunity to make it right.

All-in-all, we'd consider staying here again, but not at the price we paid considering how run down the place seems to be getting. Hopefully there will be some updating done in the near future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Radium Chalet? Share your experiences!