“A true gem... and pet friendly too!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Motel Bienvenue

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rimouski
Motel Bienvenue
You added Motel Bienvenue to your Saves list
1057 rue du Phare, Rimouski, Quebec G5M 1L9, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Rimouski
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Montreal, Canada
“A true gem... and pet friendly too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

We stayed in the new addition to this motel and all I have to say is "What a gem"! The room was spacious and even included an additional Murphy bed. The motel was very clean, nicely designed and a fantastic deal for the price! Since we like home cooked meals we opted for a room with kitchenette. The kitchen is perfect - complete with an island for extra counter space.

The owner is obviously motel proud as the motel keeps getting better and better. This was our fourth visit and each time we tour the Gaspe, we stop here on our way back. We have been to other motels but this one is by far the best.

The motel is right next to several attractions: the Empress of Ireland museum, Onondaga submarine and the Pointe au Pere lighthouse.

For dog owners, the motel is pet friendly and has provided green spaces on the property in order to walk your dogs. However, there are lots of areas to walk your pet nearby so it is perfect.

For bird watchers, you are a minute away from the shore. We spotted several herons and various other shore birds in a couple of minutes.

Would I recommend this motel? You bet I would...and have already recommended it to my friends who have also stayed here this year and have been very pleased.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Fannie D, Gérant at Motel Bienvenue, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Hello,

I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to write a review about my motel (motel Welcome to Rimouski). I fell in love with this area and this is why the past 9 years, I put all my energy to offer my clients a nice, clean and affordable to share the beauty of the landscape with my clients. And thanks to you, taking the trouble to write this review, you contribute to this dream of mine. THANKS A LOT for all this!

Fannie Drasse

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Cantley, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

We stayed at Motel Bienvenue for two nights on our way to and back from Gaspesie. It was a great experience. The rooms are sparkly clean, kitchens extremely well provided with everything you might need. Great coffee provided for all guests in all the rooms as well. The personnel is very friendly and customer service great. It is the best place to stay by far - the 2 stars that are shown are definitely not enough to show the great accommodation quality provided. Within walking distance there is a very interesting historic site including the only submarine in Canada that could be visited, a sunken ship site and a picturesque lighthouse. The scenery around is great allover!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

Fannie and her staff run a super-clean, tidy operation in a super location with 3 museums adjacent to the motel: Empress of Ireland (maritime disaster), Onondaga (attack submarine), and Pointe au Pere Lighthouse. Some of the motel units have kitchens. This was the cleanest and best value in lodgings during our 2-week tour of the province. Highly recommended. Go to the next village, Sainte Luce, for meals and a romantic walk along the beachfront. But for gasoline, you'll have to go back to highway 132.

Room Tip: Unless you speak French, make reservations via email. Always ask for the final rate with taxes incl...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

The motel was extremely clean, simply but very nicely furnished (kind of in an Ikea style - blue walls, nice, simple decorative touches) and had an excellent location on a small jut of land so that there's a view of the St Lawrence from three sides of the motel - gorgeous. We stayed on the second floor and woke up to a beautiful, serene setting. The room had a fridge, coffee maker, tv, and wine glasses (which were a nice bonus). The rooms are on the small side but cozy and it was perfect for our one night stay. The owner was extremely friendly and helpful and I would go back in a heart beat. For those who want amenities right close by, it's a bit of a walk for food, but if you have a car it's fine. Such a refreshing change from disgusting motel rooms with 70s furniture and smoke smell. Each room seemed to have some small personalized touches in the decoration too.

Not only was this the cheapest motel I found in this area, but it certainly from the pictures online of the others, was the nicest.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Fannie Drasse

Been to Motel Bienvenue? Share your experiences!