“Great place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Point-No-Point Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sooke
Point-No-Point Resort
You added Point-No-Point Resort to your Saves list
10829 West Coast Road, Sooke, British Columbia V0S 1N0, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 17 Specialty Lodging in Sooke
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Seattle
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2009

What's not to like? Beautiful place, your own cabin with an outdoors hot tub, fire place, wonderful restaurant, nice people, beautiful trails down to beaches. A wonderful to hang out, relax, and so forth.

We stayed in Cabin 1, which is off by itself a bit (a good thing). Don't expect anything fancy, it's a pretty basic structure. My wife thought it was a bit dark and claustrophobic, I thought it was fine given appropriate expectations. The hot tub right outside of course was great.

The restaurant is superb. Great food and large portions. We went for lunch and what we took back was dinner.

The trails down to the beach are real pretty and fun. Not long and not hard (altho getting off the trails down to the beaches can be a challenge with climbing on rocks).

Don't expect to make an easy trip to Victoria from here, it's a ways away. We had thought we'd take a day trip, but when we saw how far it was to get there, we changed our mind and stayed put (just one day btn two nights), which was fine, we had a really nice day.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2009

My girlfriend and I have stayed in this resort three times now, once in a single cabin and twice in the duplex cabin "Otter." Otter is much newer looking and much more roomy; it's a split level style loft cabin, bedroom up top, with living/dining room and kitchen on the main. The bathroom is also nice and large, with hot tub on a private deck. The massive two-story window faces the Straight of Juan de Fuca (the ocean) and is, quite simply, breathtaking. Now, both I and my girlfriend were born and raised, and have lived in, Victoria for 35 years, so for this to be breathtaking is quite simply the truth. If you're looking for a secluded getaway (even 45 minutes out of Victoria is safe enough!), with your own private cabin, with views of the ocean, then this is the place. Now, they're a restaurant, but we never eat there. Apparently the food is excellent, but being a self-taught chef, I opt to cooking in our own kitchen at a fraction of the cost. As for that, you'll want to stock up on food, including coffee, before heading to the cabins, as the nearest grocery store is in Sooke, a good 20 minute drive east of the resort. You'll also want to pack pretty much the food you'll be eating, including spices, etc. They supply all the main cutlery and cooking ware, though. No TV or internet access, which is nice. (We just brought our laptop and watched movies on that.)

Pros: beautiful location, private, and relaxing
Cons: too expensive! they've raised the rate by $80 in the past year, bringing a two night stay in at just under $500. we'll be back, but not more than once a year.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

My husband & I stayed at Point-no-Point for our 10th anniversary and I can't say enough good things about this place. We stayed in cabin 12 and it felt like we were the only ones there. The bed is in a loft which is very cute but you do have to watch out or you might bump your head. The hot tub on the deck is completely secluded. While you are there you should eat at the restaurant. The food was just fabulous.
We will would go back in a heart beat.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Northern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2009

I spent a week here with my elderly Mom in a two bedroom cabin (#11). The ocean views were wonderful. Our cabin was carefully located so that you couldn't see, or hear, anyone else. (I would avoid the duplex and fourplex cabins. It could be a problem if you ended up with inconsiderate neighbors.) My mother spent every day in a comfortable rocker enjoying the view. I hiked around the property and spent a lot of time at their beach house which is in a sheltered cove. Be aware that you must drive 20 min to Sooke to find a grocery store and there isn't anywhere nearby to have breakfast so arrive prepared to fix your own.

• Stayed June 2009
Vancouver Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2009

My husband and I have just returned from two nights in Cabin B. We really don't have a negative thing to say about PNP. It was our fourth time there, and we just love it ! It is our absolute favourite close-to-home "get-away". The owners were in evidence, but always smiled, and were not intrusive at all. All the staff were excellent all the way, from the moment we made the booking, until we checked out.
We love the way things don't change much at PNP over the years. We have stayed in Cabins E & B. This resort was spotless. The cabin was spotless. We walked from one end of the resort to the other and all over the beaches, the Point, and the Beach House, and there is not a piece of litter to be found anywhere.
We have had lunch in the Restaurant in the past and it was excellent, but just did our own cooking this time. One day we went down to the Beach House and had a weeny roast over the fire-pit.
Not much else to say. It is a first class resort.
Come and enjoy time away from your cell phone, t.v., phone, computer, blackberry, etc. etc. Bring your own food and drinks and books, etc. etc. and enjoy a magical and really relaxing time. Love this place for what it is... no room-service, etc. You are left completely alone to relax and enjoy and unwind. Have fun !

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Vancouver Island, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2009

Morning coffee on our private deck with the waves crashing, watching the wildlife in peace and tranquility
Beach combing and walking down the the beach house for a private fire and Weinie roast
A bowl of chowder on the cliff top restaurant complete with binoculars to watch the scenery
Cooking our own beautiful meals ( the kitchen could have a few more utensils ) and enjoying them while we sip in front of the real wood fire
Finally a soak in the jacuzzi again on the deck with the waves crashing and sun setting AAAAAHHHHH we will be back

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2009

I recently returned from a weekend at this magical place I had heard about some 6 years ago.
To celebrate 2 very special birthdays I took my elderly Mom and my sister to this resort while visiting from Ontario. We stayed in cabin 9 which worked out perfectly as my Mom has much reduced mobility.

Our weather cooperated, the environment was so peaceful,the staff were most helpful and accommodating... dinner and lunch were amazing although pricey. All in all a wonderful place. My sister and I are now scheming to return by ourselves! For 2 people we would recommend the Hummingbird cabin. It is fabulous and looks over a beautiful sandy secluded beach! Can't wait to go back! Judy Lamb Peterborough Ontario

• Stayed April 2009

Been to Point-No-Point Resort? Share your experiences!