(We also had a wonderful meal at the restaurant--five stars for that!) We spent three nights here as a long weekend celebration for a special anniversary. The staff was friendly on check in and our room had an exceptional view of the ocean, wonderful bath amenities and linens. The fireplace was ready to light. We did not realize until we arrived that breakfast was not served in the restaurant, but in your room. While the food was delicious and our server/housekeeper was very kind, it just was not comfortable to have to eat hunched over the coffee table--especially when right below us the beautiful dining room with perfect views was empty. This has the feel of the fading beauty of an old house. We could not get consistent internet service in our room, so we ended up spending an hour each morning at the Best Western hotel coffee shop just so we could check and send emails. This is a destination wedding spot, as well. At 11pm we finally closed our windows so we did not have to hear "The Macarena" which was being played by the DJ at the reception in the garden. We would return (again and again) for the food and dinner ambiance of the restaurant. But, for the price, there are many better places to stay in and around Victoria. It seemed to us that they catered more to people who were just spending one night after a meal, rather than travelers who wanted a base from which to explore the lower west coast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Southern Vancouver Island overlooking Pacific Ocean and the Olympic Mountains, our hotel has a direct beach access. Unique 28 rooms featuring spa tubs, steam showers, fireplaces and views. The restaurant serves organic, seasonal, Canadian cuisine, specializing in wild seafood, mushrooms, herbs, flowers from its organic gardens.We offer meeting facilities, spa services, recreational activities and eco-tourism in pristine wilderness. It is a perfect destination for a wedding, romantic holiday and an any season getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and TravelClick so you can book your Sooke Harbour House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sooke Harbour House Hotel Sooke
- Sooke Harbour Hotel
- Sooke Harbour House Vancouver Island