“Wawa's Hidden Gem” 5 of 5 stars
Review of High Falls Motel and Cabins

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wawa
High Falls Motel and Cabins
You added High Falls Motel and Cabins to your Saves list
280 King's Highway 17, Wawa, Ontario P0S 1K0, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Wawa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ottawa, Canada
“Wawa's Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

After a very long drive, I decided to stop and see this motel with my own eyes. I had read the reviews online and thought it was worth it. What an AMAZING PLACE! The service is better than anything I've ever had in any high end hotel. The cabin is cozy, lots of space, bathroom is beautiful with new vanity, shower, toilet, the works. I had 2 singles and a queen bed in my cabin, free wifi internet, 2 flat screen tv's with cable and 2 dvd/bluray players. Fridge, stove, coffee maker, cutlery, dishes, pots and pans, you name it and these owners have thought of it. They have gone as far as offering movies (dvd or bluray) from the main office! Just walk up and select how ever many you'd like to watch and return them when you check out - free of charge! Now THAT is AMAZING service you will not get anywhere else.

I spoke with one of the owners while there - what a delightful woman. I am looking forward to staying at the High Falls Motel & Cabins this summer with my family!

Do not look elsewhere - book a room HERE! You will not regret it!!!! 5 STARS!!! A++ Service!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We had been driving for 13 hours and decided to crash in Wawa. We found High Falls Motel and Cabins on Trip Advisor and trusted the reviews. The reviews were so spot on. It had everything we needed including cable tv and movies to borrow avail. at the front desk! My boyfriend and I both had an amazing sleep, I would totally recommend staying here to anyone travelling through Wawa.

Room Tip: The motel and the cabins are very similar, both worth the stay!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We had a great experience at High Falls. Anna and Zenon were very welcoming and friendly, and the cabin was wonderful, too. Ours had a little fireplace in the corner, a fridge, a stove and a microwave as well as a coffee maker and basic dishes. We could have stayed a week in such comfort! We will have to stop there again the next time we head west.

The cabin also had WiFi and a TV with a DVD player. The bathroom had its own baseboard heater so it was warm as well, and it contained a bathtub with a shower.

There is a bookshelf at reception with books for guests to borrow, and there is a good selection of movies as well.

Room Tip: Cabin 1 had a king-sized bed.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I am a former resident of Wawa and wanted so bad to stay someday at this place but there was never a need to when you live there. We got lucky this past October as they had not closed yet for the winter. This by far is the best place to stay, my expectations were high and I certainly wasn't disappointed. From the huge bathroom, the decor, the most comfortable (and I had a very bad back this night) & clean bed in a large room, to the wonderful pot of tea and the amenities of a stove, microwave & fridge, and a fireplace to boot. What a great relaxing place to lay your weary achy bones after such a long drive. My only disappointment was the fact that we could only stay the one night, I really did not want to leave, but we hope to be able to come back for an extended stay someday to really enjoy the whole atmosphere. Thank you again Anna for your hospitality, you made our trip back to Thunder Bay bearable. Tracy R

Room Tip: We were in Cabin 1
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Have stayed at High Falls Motel & Cabins twice in the past 4-5 months. This is a fabulous place (as noted by many reviewers). The owners, Anna& Zenon, are wonderful, accommodating people who do a wonderful job for their guests and surely go the extra mile. HFMC is rustic, warm and comfortable. The rooms and surroundings are clean, fresh, well equipped, in good order and very relaxing. I recommend High Falls Motel & Cabins highly and look forward to returning in the coming months.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
keewatin ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

we always have a pleasant stay here - usually only one night. comfortable beds, warm and cozy, and dark at night! reception has movies that you can borrow. close to downtown, where there are several restaurants. very pet friendly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Very nice place off the main road. Nice to relax after driving all day. Owners were very nice. No issues with me having my two cats in the cabin. They loved the view from the main window.
Will stay again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to High Falls Motel and Cabins? Share your experiences!