“Good food, great surroundings” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Wawa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Vegetarian, Canadian
Toronto, Canada
“Good food, great surroundings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

If you travel the north shore route you quickly find your favourite places - and this is one of them. Beautiful location just outside of Wawa and with excellent food. The preparation time is lengthy, so you could get frustrated if you are in a hurry, but the quality is very good and the food is always fresh. Settle in and enjoy the scenery. If you are close for breakfast, go for the pancakes which are almost muffin like and go well either with eggs, bacon or just syrup.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Milwaukee, WI
“I'm sure this is the best you'll find in Wawa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We've eaten here about 5 times over the years we've been visiting Wawa and have never been disappointed. The location is convenient, the view is very nice, the staff is friendly, service is quick and the food is quite good.

This time, I decided to have the Weiner Snitzel, and I have to say that it was even better than what I am able to find in the German restaurants of Milwaukee, which was a bit of a surprise. I don't recall what my wife had, and I'm too lazy to go ask her, but I can say she was quite pleased as well.

We happened to be there late enough for the action to have slowed down to where we could ask how folks from Trinidad and Tobago end up in a place like Wawa, ON. Cool story. Ask if they have time.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Canada
“Yum! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Great service here! Very friendly!
We first had tomato soup with vegtables, which had a different and unique taste to it. I loved it!
I ordered the Bison, well done, which was delicious. Some of my other companions ordered different meals, which looked appetizing as well.
Then came dessert, and it was some of the best cake I've ever tasted. The ice cream complimented it perfectly.
The view outside was beautiful, too bad it was rainy.
I'd recommend going there! It's very fun!

Newaygo, Michigan
“Outstanding pie!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We stopped here for lunch after finding out that the restaurant we'd intended to go to was closed. Lucky us! Our sandwiches were good -- fresh ingredients -- but the real highlight was the homemade apple pie a la mode. We had the meal during our Lake Superior Circle tour, and having just finished the trip I can report that the pie here was the best on the whole trip.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
toronto
“Other diner's meals looked better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Went here hoping for fresh local fish. Both my meal and my companions were just okay, didn't taste very fresh. Wished we had ordered some of the more ethnic food as other tables had it and it looked and smelled delicious. Don't go here for the fish, but the ambiance and service are nice and there is a great view.

Visited July 2014