“Low quality, high price, awful beds.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Wawa Motor Inn

The Wawa Motor Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wawa
The Wawa Motor Inn
You added The Wawa Motor Inn to your Saves list
118 Mission Road | PO Box 1190, Wawa, Ontario P0S 1K0, Canada   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Wawa B&B and Inns
Kingston
“Low quality, high price, awful beds.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Overlooks sewage lagoon, and cabin constantly smelled of sulpher and sewage. No smoke free cabins available, so it also smelled of cigarette. No tvs in bedrooms. Beds are horrible....I've had befter sleeps camping in a tent. Much better choices elsewhere....like the back seat of your car!

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Toronto, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We had a great stay here Canada Day weekend. Our room was in the lower "log" building and we loved it. Clean and fresh - fridge was a nice touch and so was the back door out onto the little veranda with a view of the river & golf course below. The staff took very good care of us and we had nice meals in the dining room. Would definitely be a repeat guest if I was back in town and we felt we got great value for the $ here!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I should have checked tripadvisor prior to booking this motel which was recommended to me by someone who lived there. I was told it had a great restaurant and was a nice place to stay. The first indication that I would need to lower my standards was at the check-in. Even though the front desk staff was pleasant, the time it took to process my credit card payment and get my room key was unbelievably long. There were 4 people waiting to go through the same process after me.

The restaurant service was a little slow. The food presentation, despite not looking all that attractive, was pretty good.

Our first night there was quiet as long as the fan was on to act as white noise. The rooms were clean. It was a standard type of room one would find when staying in a small town. The next day, after returning back to my room from work at 4, I found the room was still not cleaned. I tried to call the front desk but there was no answer. I walked to the front desk to inquire as to the room cleaning and there was a line up of 5 people waiting to get taken care of, so I walked back and tried calling again. The lady said I could walk back to the front and get some clean glasses....other than that, our rooms did not get any service.

That night we intentionally went elsewhere for dinner to a fantastic restaurant 5kms away that served home-made Polish dishes as well as other specialties called The Great Northern. There is also a motel affiliated with that restaurant....so, next time that's where I'll stay.

Room Tip: stay in a room not facing the road....
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Wawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Sure the place does have a nice size and has a Tim Hortons nearby....don't leave your stuff unattended in the rooms the managers go through the rooms and your stuff when your out of the motel. And they will dictate strongely to you what you will do in the motel during your stay, like eat at the most expensive restaurant in wawa(motel restaurant).

Room Tip: I couldn't tell you...my trust has gone way down for motels, might get a camper.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

This was one of the more expensive motels I stayed in but the quality wasn't great. The staff wasn't particularly friendly and blamed the cable company for poor TV reception. I think one could do better elsewhere. Trucks leaving early were a bit noisy. It is close to Tim Hortons and the highway.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I have stayed here many times over the last 6 years. It has been the same service, quality and value each time. It is a reliable option with well kept rooms, pleasant staff, an accessible location and a bar/restaurant on site that is open late enough that you can still get a meal if you arrive after 7 or 8pm.

I will continue to stay here, not because it's my favourite hotel, or has the best beds but because I know exactly what I am getting and that is decent quality for a fair price.

• Stayed April 2013
Oxted, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We pulled up at 10pm and there was availability for the night, with the storm that has happening there was limited places to stay. Staff were friendly and helpful and our room is large and homely. A bit pricey for a late night stopover but limited choice due to the storms, interior is neat and tidy though a little dated but rooms are clean and well heated.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Wawa Motor Inn? Share your experiences!