“Great Service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dannys Inn Restaurant and Conference Center

You added Dannys Inn Restaurant and Conference Center to your Saves list
Dannys Inn Restaurant and Conference Center
1223 rue Principale (Rte 134) | Beresford, Bathurst, New Brunswick E8K 1A1, Canada   |
Special Offer
Call Direct For Best Rate
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Bathurst
“Great Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012 via mobile

Clean rooms, great food from the restaurant and most important the best customer service in Bathurst!

• Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Edmundston, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

Spent a night for business reasons last summer. The room was clean, the food was good, no complaints whatsoever. But...

After reading the responses from the Hotel Managing Director, I’m glad to see him taking care of business so to speak. Because, back in October 2009, my wife was in Bathurst on business and she had made arrangements over the phone with a very helpful receptionist for the nuptial suite for the week of November 2nd to the 6th inclusively.

These arrangements had been made well in advance because she has MS, and wanted to make sure she was very comfortable, just like when she’s at home. Having already stayed at this hotel before, she was quite happy to be returning and looking forward to a pleasant and relaxing week.

Upon her arrival, she was advised that the nuptial suite had already been given out for the week? Now, to make things worse, she was assigned a room which...as she explained it to me, was probably the worse night she’s ever had to spend in a hotel room. No, I’m not kidding. Apparently, the smell alone was horrendous, she could not explain why she spent the night. Since she did not sleep well, she complained in the morning and was changed rooms. To add insult to injury, she was asked to move again on Thursday night, since the room she was in had apparently been reserved for someone else? Yes, they were dead serious. I wonder why this new guest had not been advised that the room he had already reserved had been given out the same way my wife was treated upon her arrival, since this appears to be the way guests are treated at this hotel anyway?

In any event, upon checking out, she happen to meet the receptionist who had made the initial reservation and she confirmed to my wife that she had indeed put instructions on the nuptial suite reservation that she was NOT TO BE MOVED. She could see that my wife was very upset by her experience and encouraged her to write a letter of complaint to the Managing Director.

When my wife arrived home, she was completely exhausted, took her a week to recover. Although she was troubled about the whole experience and wanted to write a letter, she never did. I wonder why she was treated so poorly, especially after taking the time to make a reservation months in advance with specific instructions not to be moved? Why were instructions placed on this reservation ignored by other employees?

Although my wife's experience was probably an isolated one, I got the feeling the Managing Director has made some positive changes over the years. Although, I was disappointed to learn that my wife had not bothered to write him a letter, I felt compelled to share my wife’s awful experience, especially knowing that it can prevent someone else from making the same mistake, and maybe next time someone will ask for help from the Managing Director. I take no pleasure in writing this review as I have much better things to do with my time than to whine about poor client service, and I’m not talking about the helpful staff here, I’m particularly concerned about those who made questionable decisions regarding client service at this hotel.

In all fairness, I had no problems returning to this hotel last summer, and I have stayed at this hotel many times without incident, and I have no complaints whatsoever about my own personal experience with the rooms, the client service and the staff. So, one star rating for my wife's personal experience and a four star rating from myself, averages out to 2.5 stars rounded up to 3 stars, since what happened...happened years ago.

Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Epping, New Hampshire, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

We rode from Presque Isle Maine (usa) to Bathurst Saturday.. The Ride into Bathurst Sat Night about the last 50 km was well used and needed a touch up from the groomers.. Sunday Morning trails were back to a 10 on a 10 scale!! We had a Breakdown on my wife’s sled about 20 min out of town; we towed the sled back to Danny’s where we had spent the night. I wanted to send out a personal thank you to the staff and management at Danny’s! Couple of things, The room was great the food was awesome,, Now the big finish One of the owners Bob went out of his way to help us find a way to get us back to the US, My wife and I want to personally thank Bob and his staff as well as the Gentleman Sylvain Who drove us back to PI in his pickup and trailer! This is the kind of customer service we as sledder’s just don’t get to see every day!! Thank you again!!!!
Bob and Heidi Jordan!! Easy to see why Danny’s is a success!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Fredericton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

This hotel was a great place to bring the family! A wonderful atmosphere with great service.

Room Tip: If you're attending a function in the conference centre request that you stay on the same side...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
puerto vallarta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

We had reservations 2 months ahead for 2 rooms with kitchenettes. They sold our other room with the kitchenette and then put the 2 couples very far apart. The kitchenette room was very dirty. There were crumbs in the cupboards, empty bottles in the closet, and bits of food on the pots and pans. We were very disappointed.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Adam D, Owner at Dannys Inn Restaurant and Conference Center, responded to this review, September 21, 2011
Dear Valued Customer,

Firstly, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience staying with us. I was certainly taken aback and disappointed to hear your comments regarding the state of one of our kitchenette units. Cleanliness and proper room makeup is one of our top priorities, as evidence from the numerous positive comments we have received over the years.
The person that was responisible for our kitchenette units during the time of your stay is no longer with us. I have also discussed this matter with all of our housekeeping staff and corrective measures have been taken to assure that this type of improper cleaning will not happen again.
Again, thank you for the comments, as it is constructive critism such as this that help us in giving the best product and service to all of our guests.

Kind regards,

Adam DeGrace
Managing Director
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011 via mobile

The beds are comfortable! A little smell when opening the door of the room. The service is excellent and the food is amazing! If you love seafood, it's the place to go eat! The seafood chowder is incredible! The coquille Saint-Jacques was the best!

• Stayed August 2011
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

We booked 9 rooms for a family wedding in the area. The staff were wonderful with booking, we needed two pet rooms & were informed there was no additional charge for pets! The rooms were clean and smelled great. (a pleasant surprise compared with other "pet rooms") The air conditioner was turned on before our arrival and was a very quiet unit. We did not hear any noise from our neighbors during the night and slept comfortably. The kids loved the pool, had to ask the staff for extra towels which were quickly brought out. The pool/ping pong room was fun, great lounge space to spend time with family. The dining room, food and waitresses were exceptional. They gave us a last minute room for 12 on the first morning and a reservation for 20 the next day. We all received our breakfast (great prices, around $5/person including coffee) at the same time. All of our family was pleased and enjoyed their stay at your inn. We would definitely book again. THANKS for making us feel at home -- away from home.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Dannys Inn Restaurant and Conference Center? Share your experiences!