“Not sure why folks dislike!” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 51 Restaurants in Bathurst
Cuisines: Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese
Fredericton, Canada
“Not sure why folks dislike!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I have eaten here a few times now and every time is a pleasant experience. Having been to Vietnam and Thailand, I'll disagree with the folks who say that the food is not authentic. The owners and chef are from there, and I can vouch for the quality of the food. It's rare to get real Vietnamese coffee done correctly outside of SE Asia.

I commend the service. When I ate here in February 2013, there was a huge snow storm and my brother and I were the only ones in the restaurant. I am vegan, and they were out of tofu. The owner ran across the street to Sobey's to get tofu just for my meal. The tofu Pad Thai was excellent. If you're unhappy with the seafood, that is an alternative.

Their hours seem a bit spotty though. Went by at 3 pm on a Monday and was surprised to see them closed. Not sure what was up then.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Awful experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

The food was undercooked ! They have no idea how dangerous undercooked seafood can be. My aunt had a bad reaction to the pad Thai . We asked to have our food cooked properly and were shown the door 78.50$ later ! For 3 people . Total rippoff , highway robbery . It's a poor place to eat and they overcharge people . I'd rather be giving my money away to a charity .

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“bad seafood”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

The seafood smelled unfresh and had yellow spots on the shrimp , the food is not the kind I was expecting and I was sick about an hour after eating there , I called the restaurant to let them know and they told me that it was impossible and blamed me saying it was my problem ? For eating there , I will not be going back .

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Bathurst, Canada
“Delicious food with a great atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

The pad thai was exceptionally good.
All the food portions are more than worth the money, all home made, fresh, and delicious. I have a pretty tolerant palate for franchise food. This is definately leagues beyond what Pizza Delight can offer.

Mai's has food that actually has flavor to it. 5 stars for me

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Never again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

I've been there once,bad experience,went second time,I thought maybe I was wrong,now I'm sure,never again,bad service,food below average,I was there for dinner,'not usual' opening days and hours.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere