“romantic” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Lloydminster
saskatchewan
“romantic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2009

my husband and i stayed here for a romantic get away. it was fantastic. we stayed in the jacuzzi suite and it was amazing. everything was so clean and smelled fresh. the staff was very helpful as well. its a bit pricier than other places but it is worth it to get away and take a break from everyday life. its in a good location with some great restuarants nearby as well as shopping mall on same block.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
edmonton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2008

What can I say, I was looking forward to a stay in a new hotel, and have used the Holiday Inn chain before so I thought I would be in for a treat with a new hotel.

How wrong can one be. The room really stunk, it was to be a non smoking room but I could tell that someone had stayed and smoked in it prior to my stay, and we all know how much stale smoke reaks! I am allergic to smoke and tried to explain this. The front desk gal was not sympathetic at all and refused to move me or discount the room. I asked to see the manager and she was worse than the front desk girl. I asked for a refund and said I would move else where, There was no way they would refund the money. * at this time I had been there 30 minutes. The manager was just not professional at all. She was dressed, well let us say" as a lady of the evening" and it was only 2:00 in the afternoon.
I left without my money and went next door to the Ramada, it was great.

I have written to the Holiday Inn chain but as of yet no reply, so from now on the chain is off of my list of places to stay!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — bad attitude of staff
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Lloydminster hotels

Been to Holiday Inn Lloydminster? Share your experiences!