“Great service, food and for a casual gathering” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
North Battleford, SK
“Great service, food and for a casual gathering”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

They have tons of beer on tap. Poured a perfect Guinness!

I would consider this the best place in town to watch any kind of sporting event. Look in any direction and you will see TVs. Not a bad seat in the house.

Super friendly staff! And the Manager even came by to check on us and to say hi! Great service. Food was served quickly and hot and accurate. I ordered the pretzel bites and deep fried pickles. My husband order his usual chicken strips and fries. I convinced him to order up to the garlic fries and they were amazing.

I will return to this restaurant when I return to Lloydminster

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Paquetville
“good food and atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

very entertaining and good pub food will go back again;););):(;);(:(:(:(:;:(:;;(:(:(:;:,(::;/;:;:;:;:;

• Visited September 2013
Lloydminster, Alberta, Canada
“Best on town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Best in town. I go there when I don't have the kids. As far as restaurant selection in Lloyd, it's pretty slim pickins, but this is one of the best.

• Visited August 2013
Lloydminster, Canada
“Exactly like Boston Pizza, Kelsey's, OJs... Just go to OJs.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I keep getting sucked into going to The Canadian Brewhouse, and I have to say that OJs is a head and shoulders better.

Within a kilometer along Highway 16, you can eat at Brewhouse, OJs, Boston Pizza, Kelseys, and so on and expect just about the same thing from each of them.

I get that they have a lot of traffic from a lot of riggers who aren't particularly discerning, but I find the quality, compared to cities like Edmonton, is lacking.

Brewhouse isn't terrible. But it's pricier than it needs to be. The first time I went, it was wing night, and I got a pound/10 wings for about $5. Which is definitely a good price point. However, the wings were tiny. Even if it was wing night, what arrived at the table almost brought a tear to my eye. I had about as much food as I would've from an order of small fries at McDonald's.

The next time I went I had a burger or something and I got a Donair poutine. Much pricier, all in, it probably came to about $20 for just the entree. Fries were McCain's crinkle-cut or whatever, not bad but nothing to write home about. Donair poutine just wasn't to my tastes. Gravy was sickly sweet. I love Donairs, and I get that sweet sauce but mixed with poutine gravy, it was a little rich.

Last time I went, I got a burger again (burger is fairly good, entry-level has bacon and cheese on it). One note, there's very few options for the burger, not that that's bad thing, but you can either get the basic, the double, or the triple, and that's it. Single patty is enough for a regular sized human-being. I had yam frites (or sweet potato fries, because who are we kidding?)

Crinkle cut as well, pretty good. I noticed the menu leans heavily on what the competition is serving (cactus chips? Exactly the same as BP). But it cost an extra $4, even though I buy yams in the same plaza for a dollar a pound. Didn't get four pounds either.

One good thing: apps. The deep-fried pickles were really good.

Also, locals seem to like the food here. But if you're from out-of-town (and I don't mean Lashburn or Kitscoty) you're gonna find this a ho-hum choice.

OJ's has really good in-house beer, and fish tacos. And their waitresses are a little more fun to look at, but just a by a margin.

Visited May 2013
“Wouldnt go anywhere else!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The other reviews say it all. Awesome daily food and drink specials. Huge variety of really unique and delicious drinks. Owners welcome everyone at their tables. It is a rocking action place. We go there 2-3 times a week. Best by far in Lloyd.