“Excellent spot for our Anniversary Dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Eclectic, Bistro
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
citybythesea
“Excellent spot for our Anniversary Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

We decided to try Bistro 694 for our Anniversary dinner and it was a memorable experience. This cozy restaurant has a nice relaxed ambience and service was excellent.

We had starters of shrimp and scallops that were perfectly cooked and tasty. Our mains were prawn curry and seafood crepe which were also delicious. Dessert was a decadent flourless chocolate cake.

All in all it was a wonderful way to spend a special evening. We can't wait to come back and try other menu items.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Manchester
“Qualicum fine dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

Yes, very nice and justifying its number one status in Qualicum Beach. A good meal, with nice touches and excellent service.

Visited August 2014
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

We are staying in Parksville just for tonight and I couldn't find anything of interest in the immediate area when planning our holiday. I widened the search and found Bistro 694 so I emailed from the UK and made a reservation.

The food was amazing. The Kashmiri Butter Chicken was so tasty as was my wife's Balinese Prawn Curry ( I tasted it and it reminded me of our time in Bali).

The finale was the warm apple galette with caramel sauce - out of this world.

I thought it was good value having dined in a Banff, Jasper and Whistler in the past week.

Visited August 2014
Vancouver Island
“small restaurant in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Nice little restaurant although I think it's a little pricey. A friend and I dropped in for an appie and it was very nice. I had crab cakes, very tasty but expensive for the portion size.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Victoria, Canada
“DEFINITELY IN MY TOP 10!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

My boyfriend and I are really into cooking and great food. We were very impressed with this restaurant! Not only did they serve us a fine dinner after we arrived 20 minutes late of the kitchen closing on a sunday, they were very friendly and didn't rush us at all. Everything was cooked perfectly by who I believed was the owner as well as the chef. I am a pretty picky person, I have high quality standards having worked in the food industry over 15 years and I have to say this visit is by far in my top 10 favorite places. Definitely recommend trying it out!

• Visited August 2014