“Dutch are Cheap, But love them.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Qualicum Beach Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Qualicum Beach
Qualicum Beach Inn
You added Qualicum Beach Inn to your Saves list
2690 Island Highway W., Qualicum Beach, British Columbia V9K 1G8, Canada (Formerly Old Dutch Inn)   |
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Qualicum Beach
Langley City, Canada
“Dutch are Cheap, But love them.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

we stayed here for the experience. we saw that it was a dutch hotel. as my wife is dutch i took the oppitunity to stay here. it had a gift shop and restuarant inside. had a pool and hot tub. the rooms need a bit of updating but we loved the front door of the room it had a wooden shoe on it. would stay here again, it's affordable and right across the street from the ocean.

Room Tip: Get the top floor if you can, then you can see the ocean.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

The hotel and the rooms are very outdated, This hotel defiantly needs some updating! Reminds me of my childhood in the 1970's. Service was also just OK. The best feature of the hotel is its location close to the beach.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Burnaby, British Columbia Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

On October 14 & 15th I stayed at the Old Dutch Inn in Qualicum Beach, I was attending a wedding at the Qualicum Beach Golf Club and this hotel was right across the street. You could walk to it and didn't have to worry about having a few drinks. It has everything a restaurant, swimming pool, hot tub, no elevator because it is only 2 levels. It is located right across the street from the beach, if you get an ocean view room, the view is spectacular especially when the sun is going down. It is also not to far from the town centre where you pick up something that you might not find anywhere else. A lot of little interesting stores, good restaurants. They told me they were going to start renovating the hotel in January 2012. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: get an ocean view room
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Qualicum Beach, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

On arrival for the Thanksgiving Buffet it was nice to be greeted and shown our table by new manager Kevin, and notice the window blind had been lowered by our table to block out the afternoon sun.

The selection and quality of the salad and hot food was wonderful, and the service was excellent.

However, to offer a little constructive criticism, if the plates had been warmed our food would have stayed hotter. By the time we went through the buffet line and back to our table the food had cooled considerably.

Also, we were a little disappointed with the dessert table, where the Sticky Toffee Pudding appeared dried out, with no heat under it, and there could have been a better way to present the whipping cream than a can of Cool Whip for topping. And one other small point, we assumed coffee would have been included in the price.

But overall it was a very pleasant experience, and a great improvement on the dining room standard of the past. As a local, I have witnessed the sad demise of this hotel in recent years, and look forward to having the Old Dutch Inn "back on the map", which I'm confident Kevin will achieve, given his experience and enthusiasm.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

We really enjoyed our stay, a great value for the price. Pool and hot tub were very clean as were the change rooms. The view from our room was beautiful and the room itself was clean, comfortable and all we could have expected. Breakfast in the dining room was very good.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights and it was very nice. The breakfast wasent the best. I ordered the French toast and it was really soggy and had no flavor. I had to drench it in maple syrup. And i still wasn't satisfied.
hotel service was great. I would reccomed the hotel but not the hotel restaurant.

• Stayed August 2011
Kev W, General Manager at Qualicum Beach Inn, responded to this review, August 13, 2011
My name is Kevin Ward, and I have just taken over the management of the Old Dutch Inn and have been very intersested in reading the comments below and thought it would be a good idea to respond to them and let the community and travellers on their way to this wonderful part of the Island know a bit about what is happening at the Old Dutch Inn. I agree with some of the comments that the hotel is dated and needs a facelift, I also agree that the restaurant had somewhat lost its way recently and I appreciate the fact that most people seem to notice that the staff here are some of the friendliest and most hospitable you are likely to find and that the hotel (while dated) is very clean and well looked after. having said all that we are about to launch into a new era at the hotel which will eventually be given a new name and a new lease of life, it has new owners (well respected local business men), who care a lot for the community who have brought in myself to head up some exciting changes, firstly we are proud and excited about engaging the services of one of B.Cs most talented young Chefs, Ryan Zuvich, it will be our task together to turn this into one of the top restaurants on the Island, we will be using only local produce from artisan farmers whose passion and ethics reflect our own. Organic, sustainable, pasture fed, free run, hormone free, natural, healthy, tasty food. We have a great hotel in an exceptional position with people who want to do something special while supporting our farmers and the local community. Please feel free to call me personally at the hotel to speak to us about what we are doing here or come down and see the changes for yourself. Thanks, Kev.
Saskatchewan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

The decor in this hotel desperately needs an update. At one time I am sure it looked quaint, but now it looks tired and worn. The rooms are quite large, which was nice, but the bathroom was fairly small. The rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable. It looked like they had a decent swimming pool, although I didn't have time to check it out. I also liked the balcony which had an ocean view. My breakfast in the restaurant was quite good, although I thought service was a little slow and disorganized considering there weren't very many people to be served. Personally, I just couldn't get over the old-looking appearance of the room. I wouldn't recommend it to a friend unless they were just looking for a cheap, decent room.

Room Tip: Try to get an upper floor room on the east side of the hotel to get an ocean view.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Qualicum Beach Inn? Share your experiences!