I stayed a couple of days at Rivière-Du-Loup's Comfort inn for a business trip. As much as I loved the city, I could not say the same about their Comfort Inn.
The location of the hotel was fine with my work location. Not the best place in the city for travellers who want to discover this great region, but being my place to stay strictly for business purposes, I had no complaint.
The staff was ok too, nothing to write home about, but no complaint either. I guess I could have used a couple of smiles.
I was in a 125$/night room, (a little on the expensive side considering what I had) with a king bed, non smoking. I believe that by Non smoking, they mean that you can't smoke, but it doesnt mean that it won't smell other people's smoke. There were moments that the smell was very bad, especially in the morning and around 5PM, I guess when people wake up and come back from work.
The room was not the cleanest one I've had either.
Obviously, when you stay at a Comfort Inn, you do not expect a 5 star hotel room. I wasn't, as I'm used to stay in these type of hotels, but I gotta say that this one was a little sub par.
The mattress was very old and I had a hard time sleeping in the middle as I was constantly rolling on one side. It was either time to switch it over, or to simply replace it with a brand new one!
As other reviewers have already said, it is OK. Nothing more. If you've got nowhere else to go, it'll be alright, but if you do, I'd try them first if I were you. It will probably be better, and probably cheaper as well.
On a last note, I do not understand why hotels take the time to leave little notes saying that they do care about the environment and that they won't wash your towels unless you put them on the floor since, it doesn't matter what you do, they will change them all anyways. The one place they didn't need to be so clean, well, they were.
I do not think I will be back, unless I have no other choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Inn Riviere-du-Loup is located off Highway 20, exit 507. One hour away to Edmundston, New Brunswick and 1H15 to the state of Maine. Ferry to St-Simeon/Riviere-du-Loup located less then 5 minutes drive operating from April until January 2. Whale watching cruise boat between June to September is less then 5 minutes driving. At the Comfort Inn we offer free wireless internet, free local calls, free parking, FREE Full Hot breakfast. All rooms are equipped with 32in LCD television. Rooms on the 1st floor have a patio door with direct access to the parking. Rooms on the second floor have a window that opens. Your pet is welcome in designated rooms, for a small fee. There is no elevator ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Comfort Inn Riviere-du-Loup reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Riviere-Du-Loup Riviere Du Loup, Quebec
- Riviere Du Loup Comfort Inn