“Not the best Comfort Inn” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Riviere-du-Loup

You added Comfort Inn Riviere-du-Loup to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Riviere-du-Loup
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   85 boul. Cartier, Riviere du Loup, Quebec G5R 4X4, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Riviere du Loup
Montreal, Canada
“Not the best Comfort Inn”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I stayed a couple of days at Rivière-Du-Loup's Comfort inn for a business trip. As much as I loved the city, I could not say the same about their Comfort Inn.
The location of the hotel was fine with my work location. Not the best place in the city for travellers who want to discover this great region, but being my place to stay strictly for business purposes, I had no complaint.

The staff was ok too, nothing to write home about, but no complaint either. I guess I could have used a couple of smiles.

I was in a 125$/night room, (a little on the expensive side considering what I had) with a king bed, non smoking. I believe that by Non smoking, they mean that you can't smoke, but it doesnt mean that it won't smell other people's smoke. There were moments that the smell was very bad, especially in the morning and around 5PM, I guess when people wake up and come back from work.

The room was not the cleanest one I've had either.

Obviously, when you stay at a Comfort Inn, you do not expect a 5 star hotel room. I wasn't, as I'm used to stay in these type of hotels, but I gotta say that this one was a little sub par.

The mattress was very old and I had a hard time sleeping in the middle as I was constantly rolling on one side. It was either time to switch it over, or to simply replace it with a brand new one!

As other reviewers have already said, it is OK. Nothing more. If you've got nowhere else to go, it'll be alright, but if you do, I'd try them first if I were you. It will probably be better, and probably cheaper as well.

On a last note, I do not understand why hotels take the time to leave little notes saying that they do care about the environment and that they won't wash your towels unless you put them on the floor since, it doesn't matter what you do, they will change them all anyways. The one place they didn't need to be so clean, well, they were.

I do not think I will be back, unless I have no other choice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Guylaine D, General Manager at Comfort Inn Riviere-du-Loup, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you very much for your comments. We do read all the comments as it is the only way to improve ourselves. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again at the Comfort Inn Rivière-du-Loup.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Springdale, Newfoundland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stopped here overnight en route to Ontario from New Brunswick. The map is a little deceptive... although it appears that the hotel is right off the highway, we had to follow a circuitous route through town to access it from the east. Staff were pleasant enough. The room was average. Good choices for breakfast. There is a St. Hubert restaurant across the highway that you can walk to - friendly staff and good food.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Fredericton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

My family and I stopped here for a night on our way into Ontario from New Brunswick. The location was very handy, right off the highway which made it easy to resume our travels the next morning. However, we were not impressed with the cleanliness of the beds or of the breakfast. Hairs were found in the bed linen, and the breakfast was basic, and the pitcher of milk had gone bad. It wasn't a bad spot to rest our heads, but won't be staying again.

• Stayed November 2012
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I'll keep it brief.....I stayed here on the the 1st of Nov 2012. The night shift front desk employee made no secret he was drinking a Sleeman beer upon my check-in, which I assume came from the Sleeman beer vending machine nearby.
The morning employee responsible for cleaning up the continental breakfast area paced back and forth in an effort to hurry me and the other guests along prior to the 9:30am closing. She then proceeded to actually turn off the tv and the toaster before shutting the curtains while guests were still eating within the alloted time allowed for breakfast.
So, to sum it up..... inconsiderate staff but clean enough room.
No elevator.

Room Tip: 1st floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Guylaine D, Manager at Comfort Inn Riviere-du-Loup, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you very much for your comments. We are shock to read them but we do however appreciate that you have taken the time to let us know of your experience. Please rest assure that this, is in no way representative of the kind of service and behaviour we endorse at the Comfort Inn Rivière-du-Loup. We would truly appreciate if we could discuss this further. Please feel free to call me directly. Guylaine Desrosiers, General manager
ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Large room, very clean, lots of pillows, flat screen TV, nice welcome followed by phone call to make sure everything in the room was OK. Both english and french newspapers available. Space for breakfast a little tight with only three tables very close to the food tables.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Guylaine D, General Manager at Comfort Inn Riviere-du-Loup, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
We thank you very much for this nice comment. We always appreciate reading from our guests. We hope to welcome you again at the Comfort Inn Rivière-du-Loup.
Prague, Czech Republic
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

The hotel is very good located. Friendly stuff, clean room and bathroom, free parking and wifi. The only con is breakfast - it seem it is the same as in other comfort inn hotels in this area - as a breakfast are served biscuits and coffee in a room as "big" as common hotel room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Guylaine D, General Manager at Comfort Inn Riviere-du-Loup, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Reserve Mines Nova Scotia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel on sept 15/12. Hotel was fairly ray to locate. Check-in was quite easy. Being a French speaking town, the young man on the desk spoke fluent English. Rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. There isn't a restaurant on site but there is a good restaurant next to it and one across the street. We would definitely stay there again

• Stayed September 2012
Guylaine D, General Manager at Comfort Inn Riviere-du-Loup, responded to this review, September 25, 2012

Been to Comfort Inn Riviere-du-Loup? Share your experiences!