“Spot prawns !” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Garden Bay
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Diner, Fast Food, Ice Cream
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: We are at the end of Garden Bay Rd. With a stunning view of the enterance of Pender Harbour. We are surrounded by water from the ocean and one minute from Garden Bay lake.
UK
“Spot prawns !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We had bumped into LaVerne the previous day whilst out having coffee along the Sunshine Coast. She gave us great info on things to do whilst staying in the area, including enjoying her spot prawns while in season. We turned up at her grill next day for lunch and received a warm welcome from her. Terrific fish and chips and of course spot prawns. A splendid local business run by a lady with warmth and enthusiasm. A 'must do' when you are in the area.

• Visited May 2014

Lacombe, Canada
“Every town needs a LaVernes Grill!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Have come from Alberta four times to visit my daughter and every time we have gone to LaVernes Grill at least once during my stay for the awesome fish and chips!! We were always greeted with smiles by both LaVerne and her staff and it has always been a highlight during my visit. Looking forward to seeing you next year!! Rita

• Visited May 2014
Santa Cruz,CA
“wonderful home style cooking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I read about the "best burger on the Sunshine Coast" contest on facebook so decided I had to try a few burgers while on vacation, and LaVerne's seemed to be getting a lot of votes. I made the beautiful drive on my first day and am so glad I did, it was their last day of the season and I was almost the last customer. I ordered my burger and decided to be brave and eat there, something I never do alone since I'm shy, so I quickly found a seat in the back where I was pretty much hidden. Then the burger and fries arrived and it was the burger I've been waiting for since I was a kid. Delicious juicy burger, slightly crunchy bun and fresh lettuce and vegies, it was perfect. The fries were the perfect combination of fluffy & crunchy. It was clear that LaVerne really cares about quality and what she cooks, and I agree with another reviewer that she's a gem. Her staff was friendly and efficient, and I felt like I was back in the little town where I grew up. My only regret is that I didn't get to try more of the food, that will have to be on my next visit. Thanks for the warm, nostalgic treat! Oh, and you definitely get my vote for best burger on the coast.

• Visited October 2013
LaVerne E, Owner at LaVerne's Grill, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! We too, enjoyed sharing our last day with you and look forward to seeing you in the new year.

LaVerne and Staff
Sechelt, Canada
“Worth the trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I live about a 45 minute drive away and yet drive up there at least once every couple of weeks, it is well worth the drive.

The dining area is a quirky diner style and LaVerne is a one of kind gem.

The veggie burger is superb and the first time I mentioned I was wheat intolerant and couldn't have the bun LaVerne said she would put it in a lettuce "bun"; (very accommodating!) and the hand-cut french fries are hands down the most exceptional I've ever had.

I've taken a number of guests there who've had her fish and chips and everyone commented on it being cooked to perfection.

Highly, recommended!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
LaVerne E, Owner at LaVerne's Grill, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this reveiw. I look forward to seeing you in the new year. I promise to stay the same and never change.
Sechelt, Canada
“Friendly to locals and tourists”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Laverne is a good cook and tries to present her tried and true, and new twists on old favourites, for instance the lowly burger with blue cheese. Excellent. She makes real old fashioned milkshakes, that I haven't had since I was a kid.
And she is friendly and welcoming to all.
Highly recommended.