“St. Andrews' Gem is Back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Algonquin Resort St. Andrews by-the-Sea, Autograph Collection

You added The Algonquin Resort St. Andrews by-the-Sea, Autograph Collection to your Saves list
The Algonquin Resort St. Andrews by-the-Sea, Autograph Collection
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   184 Adolphus Street, Saint Andrews, New Brunswick E5B 1T7, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Saint Andrews
Fredericton, Canada
“St. Andrews' Gem is Back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

My husband, infant daughter and I stayed one night at this treasure of a property on April 12, 2014. I am pleased to report that most of the resort is open and looking fabulous after it's massive renovation, with the pub and outdoor pool being the two most notable areas still under construction.

NEW LOOK:

Firstly I must comment on the fresh look of the resort. It is absolutely beautiful, with a lovely check-in area and adjoining tiny store having complimentary freshly ground Starbucks coffee, water and fruit on the day we were there. There is loads of seating in the foyer outside of Braxton's Bar (formerly The Library restaurant) and a computer rotunda outside of Braxton's Restaurant (formerly the gift shop). This entire area is warm and inviting for guests. The updated carpet and light fixtures in the ballrooms ensure that this resort remains the top choice for celebrating special occasions in New Brunswick. Very classy and elegant, as always.

Guest rooms are furnished with a modern look, but did maintain that special historic feel with old St. Andrews photos framed in the room. Old shower/bathtubs have been updated to large custom showers, and previous hardwood flooring has been tastefully carpeted. Our room was in the "old" section of the building, which has always been my favourite section. This area has been updated with air conditioning in each room. Note for the ladies: I did test out the hair dryer on my long hair and found it to be adequately powerful!

The new Braxton's Bar and Restaurant are simply gorgeous, with oversized chairs having the most beautiful fabric. The bar side offered a welcoming laid back atmosphere, and the fine dining restaurant side was exquisite.

NEW ADDITION:

The Lazy Croft Garden has been exchanged for a fabulous new fitness facility, including a gym, indoor pool, hot tub, and water slide! What a great addition! My husband and I just loved the water slide. It actually gave me a thrill as it is somewhat dark inside, with the twists and turns creeping up very fast as I quickly slid down!

THE FOOD:

I must say that I am impressed with the new menus...and I love to eat! At lunch I enjoyed the fish tacos, and for dinner the filet mignon...which was cooked to perfection (medium-rare as I like). The breakfast menu offered a ton of options. I want to go back just to sample more from it! I did try the ricotta blueberry pancakes, and Greek yogurt with Algonquin honey (from their own beehive) and fruit. I just loved my pancakes and the chocolate butter they were served with. Scrumptious!

SERVICE:

I am so pleased to say the service remains top-knotch. We were greeted by a kilt-clad young man who helped us with our luggage and parked our SUV as we checked in. The front desk staff were friendly and speedy at getting us into our room. At Braxton's, again we encountered engaging staff knowledgable about their menus (both food and drink). As we dined, we did have our infant with us, and staff were extremely accommodating for her. She did require us to have our dessert in our room and our waiter did not hesitate to bring our dessert up to us once it was ready.

Overall I am so pleased that this resort has maintained its charm post-renovation! I have visited The Algonquin several times over the past 15 years and am so happy to see it being well looked after. My family will continue to make this gem of a property an frequent destination.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
NCHR, Director of Sales at The Algonquin Resort St. Andrews by-the-Sea, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us and for your detailed review! We are so glad you enjoyed the 'Reimagined' Algonquin..

Hope to see you again soon,

Denise Bradbury

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)

Been to The Algonquin Resort St. Andrews by-the-Sea, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Algonquin Resort St. Andrews by-the-Sea, Autograph Collection

Address: 184 Adolphus Street, Saint Andrews, New Brunswick E5B 1T7, Canada
Location: Canada > New Brunswick > Saint Andrews
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Saint Andrews
Hotel Class:4 star — The Algonquin Resort St. Andrews by-the-Sea, Autograph Collection 4*
The Algonquin is one of Canada's most luxurious and legendary resorts. Rich in history, meticulously restored to its original splendour, and complete with every modern comfort you could desire, this year-round destination truly offers the best of the past with contemporary amenities. The iconic building and its grounds are an oasis. Elegant guest rooms, contemporary dining, indoor and outdoor pools, waterslide, a pampering spa, private beach, manicured gardens, and cocktails on our historic veranda add up to a vacation to savour and remember. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Despegar.com and Marriott so you can book your The Algonquin Resort St. Andrews by-the-Sea, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Algonquin Resort St. Andrews By-The-Sea, Autograph Collection Saint Andrews, New Brunswick, Canada

If you own or manage The Algonquin Resort St. Andrews by-the-Sea, Autograph Collection, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.