“Good view, but the room was WAY OVERPRICED for the quality!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of St. Andrews Motor Inn

and 1 more site!
You added St. Andrews Motor Inn to your Saves list
St. Andrews Motor Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   111 Water Street St., Saint Andrews, New Brunswick E5B 1A3 , Canada   |
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Saint Andrews
SE NB
“Good view, but the room was WAY OVERPRICED for the quality!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

Saint Andrews is a very beautiful OLD city! The wife and I stayed at the St Andrews Motor Inn with my brother and his wife. The room had two queen sized beds. The bathroom was verry verry small. They advertise private decks for all rooms....This is not really correct. Although it is private from the sides, there are spaces between the boards and if anyone is on the deck above or below, you know it, (heaven forbid you spill a drink or something)....Lookout below!!! There was a musty smell in the room. My wife complained of the pillow smelling. They told me when I made the reservation that we were entitled to full use of the pool and breakfast. It looks like breakfast is a muffin and coffee!! There is no phone in the room. The door locks are kind of shadey! The staff were friendly and helpful. I was not asked whether I wanted a smoking room or not when I made the reservation. I am a smoker. There was a sign posted on the door stating "NO SMOKING". There was a sign on the bureau that if you smoked in the room, you would be billed $100. for air cleaning. ?????"!!! We smoked out on the deck, but really,....I would like to see the "air cleaning"!!!!!! " Also, if they charge the credit card without authorization, I would be really pissed. I have read that this has happened before at this establishment.
As for the hotels on Water Street, where all the action is; This is the place to be. Once you get your car parked, you can wander anywhere from here. (In other words......Great Location!). I have never stayed at another hotel in the area, thank god! However, on the way out of town we seen several hotel/motels, which looked much more modern and clean than the one we stayed in. If I had it to do again, I would go find myself a parking spot somewhere on Water St. and do the tour, then get in the car and move on to another location for a hotel. The only things I have good to say about this establishment is that the staff was great, the view was excellent, and the location was great. Definitely not worth the $169.00 it cost for one night for the 4 of us. There were not enough towels in the room and we had to go for more. The person on duty gave us lots.
I am from New Brunswick, and I find that this place and it's rivals on Water St. are tourist rip-offs. I would suggest that people shouldn't pay more than $30. for a room in this building and even less for it's competition on Water St. The "Picket Fence" looked good from the outside on the way bye.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
alberta canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2009

We stayed two night, (5 people, two rooms) one was a suite, side by side over looking the Bay of Funday. It could not have been a better experience, the staff was very friendly and helpfull. The kitchen was not spectacular but good enough for what we needed. Great location and view, would definitely stay again.

Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Fredericton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2008

We only stayed one night and we stayed in the building down the street from the actual hotel. It was nice to have a balcony and view of the water, but the fridge didn't work & the decor was herendious. The location was excellent, with all the shops just next door. Overall the experience was good, but they really need to update the rooms!!!

• Liked — The view and access to the shops
  • Disliked — The decor
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2007

I just got back from staying 3 nights at the St. Andrews Motor Inn.
We found the rooms ok and the staff polite. I just received a phone call from the hotel stating that they want to charge me $50.00 for cleaning the dishes. I spoke to a lady at the front desk and told her there was no posting for this fee or else we would have cleaned them, her comment was they just posted one yesterday and they still want to charge me for this. I will not ever stay there again

• Stayed September 2007
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New Brunswick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2007

The staff at the Motor Inn will be unforgetable! So helpful and friendly. The room was very clean. The view is amazing! Literally 10 feet from the oceanside!

Will return again soon!

• Liked — The view!
  • Disliked — hmmmm! The outside really underestimated the inside!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Manchester, MA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2007

I booked three rooms at this motel for six adults by phone, after being told via email that the hotel had availability. When we arrived after a seven hour drive, we found the reservation had been incorrectly registered as one room, and the rest of the motel was full. I might have thought I wasn't clear about needing the three rooms when I made the reservation, but in this case, the person I spoke to actually pointed out the rooms she supposedly reserved for me on a picture I was viewing on my computer screen.
The reception desk found us an available hotel up the street called The Picket Fence Motel. When we arrived there and took their 3 rooms, we were told that we were the second mistake sent to them that weekend.
The St. Andrew's Motel is nicely located in town, with a pretty view of the water. If does smell of chlorine, but that’s because it's a small property with an indoor pool. If you decide to make a reservation, only book it with Jillian, then double and triple check it!

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Rochester, NH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2007

A co-worker and I stayed at the St. Andrews Motor Inn from March 26-28, 2007. There is a fabulous marine biological station in St. Andrews (this is the draw for off-season travel to St. Andrews). We admittedly stayed there because it was cheaper than the Fairmont Algonquin, which had decent winter rates, but this came in over $30 per night cheaper. The rooms are waterfront, all of them, and we were each given a non-smoking room without any trouble. The view of the ever-changing tides is mesmerizing even for those of us who take it for granted! The front desk was empty when we arrived, and though we were guaranteed an early check-in, we were denied it due to the rooms not being clean. The staff was apologetic, and offered a smoking room to us, but we decided to just come back later. There was a minor glitch with the bill, as they charged me double the quoted rate, but it was resolved without incident. The room was spacious, with two beds, a desk, nightstands, dressers, a couch that pulls out to sleep more people and an armchair. The bathroom was basic and clean. Each room also has a private balcony overlooking the water. The rooms need some updating, as noted in other reviews, but they were perfectly suitable for our needs. One disappointment was the difficulty of communication. We didn't have wireless internet, which isn't a big deal, but also the phones wouldn't call out, leaving us without any contact with the outside world. The front desk did allow us to use their phone (and stated they had been having this trouble for awhile), but it was a frustration that should be noted.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to St. Andrews Motor Inn? Share your experiences!