“Good food friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Halifax, Canada
“Good food friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner here on way first night of our holiday. The salad was lovely and fresh. I had the salmon as a main and it was lovely and nicely cooked. My husband had the fish special and it was likewise very good. My only criticism was the desserts. The carrot cake was very ordinary and very very small piece for the price. The strawberry crisp was not nice at all, with hard as a rock bits in the topping. All in all though the main part of the meal was great but I would pass on dessert if I went back.

Vancouver
“A Gem of a Restaurant in St Andrews”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We were in St Andrews for 4 days and were a little bit disappointed with the dining options in the town in October, but were thrilled when we came across the Niger Reef Teahouse.

The restaurant is just outside of the main street and is on the water with a beautiful view and great patio when the weather is nice. The main street restaurants offer fish and chips and other pub fare but Niger Reef offers a small menu of soups, burgers, seafood, and salads that is made from scratch.
We loved it so much that we went back to eat a second time and would have gone again if we had discovered it sooner.

I ate the Fish Chowder on the first day and the Smoked Salmon Sandwich with Squash soup on the second day and I can't find anything negative to say about it. Delicious, hearty and filling!

My husband ate the Fish Cakes with a bowl of Fish Chowder the first day and the Lobster Sandwich with salad on the second. Again, fresh, delicious and nice portion sizes.

This restaurant is a must when you're visiting St Andrews.

Visited October 2013
Victoria, BC
“Not a Coffee House”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Beautiful setting and tea house. We stopped in for coffee and dessert. The Chocolate Charlotte cake was good but the coffee was terrible and lukewarm. It was within 30 minutes of closing time so I guess we got the bottom of the pot and we should have asked for fresh.

Saint John, Canada
“Pleasant Dinner overlooking the Bay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I had an early dinner here. The portions were appropriate. I started with the fish cake which was almost all fish - not the usual sort with more mashed potato than fish. It was attractively presented. I had the braised lamb shank as my main course. It could have been hotter when it arrived at the table but it was very tasty. I quite liked the chocolate cake I had for dessert.

The location is beautiful. The service was professional. I would return to this restaurant.

Winnipeg, Canada
“The Best Meal in St. Andrews!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We'll start with the location. This is a modest little building with an amazing mural painted in the 1920's. It is right on the ocean near the "blockhouse"- a lovely little park. The food is freshly prepared and delcious- the house salad in particular. The service is great and the proces fantastic.

• Visited August 2013