“Awesome food, awesome service” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Kelsall, United Kingdom
“Awesome food, awesome service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Great welcoming place, first stop off after getting off the plane from England in to Calgary - great service, made the whole family welcome, even the other customers couldn't have been nicer people - thank you

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Kimberley, Canada
“The locals Fave!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We love going to our place for breakfast, you feel like a part of the community when your there as it is a locals hot spot! Great food, Great Service!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Montreal, Canada
“Delicious breakfast with super friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Been here several times & the breakfast is always a delicious treat.
The Peso potatoes are recommended for sure.

One time, we made a mistake ordering & the staff was happy to replace it with another breakfast to keep us happy. Fabulous service and great breakfasts!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
BC
“Popular with the locals”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

It must be nice to have so much local support that you can afford to throw together an enormous amount of average ingredients together and still keep people coming back. The prices aren't that great, and the quality really is only average. One example ought to suffice. They up-sell you to "Peso Potatoes" from the regular hashbrowns which come with the omelette for an extra couple bucks... it shows up and they're "Tater Tots" with a bit of a hint of green onion and a wisp of grated cheese. You'll be full, but I'm guessing you'd just as soon go to McDonalds for half the price. I would.

Visited May 2013
RegTravelAddict, Owner at Our Place, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
I am truly sorry that your Our Place experience was less than 100 percent. Though the 'pesos' as clearly described on the menu were not to your liking or expectation, they are fairly popular with the locals. And as most travelers know, follow the locals and you will find a tasty meal. As opposed to the entirely prefab processed fare of McDonalds, Our Place offers entirely homemade breakkie items...with the exception of these 'peso potatoes'. Strangely enough that is the menu item you chose to order. As I said before, to strike those taters from my menu would make many loyal customers unhappy. May I recommend the 'Our Fries' option next time. Shredded hash smothered with cheddar, ham and onions served with homemade salsa and sour cream. The Eggs Benny is unique served on a bagel instead of an English muffin. Or if hollandaise isn't your favorite, perhaps the #13 with fresh fried mushrooms, cheddar cheese and poached eggs on a bagel is the ticket. We at Our Place make a conscious effort to keep the meal prices fair and for breakfast in Kimberley often the lowest in town. Happy travels and I do hope you will reconsider a return visit.
Calgary
“A Great Hearty Breakfast You Can Count On!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I've been to Our Place several times now when I come to Kimberley and it never fails to satisfy.
My favorite is the mushroom and cheese omelet to which I request added diced tomatoes. Delicious!! I'm getting hungry right now just thinking about it. I have tried other items such as their Eggs Benedict (they have another name for it - served on a bagel) but found it too heavy - the loaded hash browns that came with it were a meal in itself. Our server Archie was a sweetheart and very attentive even when the restaurant was very busy. It looked to be full of locals which to me is always a good sign. I will be back!

• Visited February 2013