“Food Bland, Server Rude” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 123 Restaurants in Orillia
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Families with children
“Food Bland, Server Rude”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We started with the garlic shrimp appetizer, 12 shrimp overdone in way too much butter and way too much garlic. It was literally sitting in a pool of butter.

My girlfriend had the red pepper pesto fusilli...it was incredibly bland. I had the "meat" lasagna...one thing missing...meat. There was none except for some pepperoni (?) under the cheese. The tomato sauce it came in was sweet, and tasty in comparison to my girlfriends dish...so I gave her some of my sauce.

Our waitress seemed annoyed. She practically threw our plates down on our table. When she would ask us a question we could barely answer before she was walking away. My girlfriend, being in the business, watched her to see if she did the same other tables...and she did. When time came to pay the bill, my girlfriend tipped her 15% as she did not enjoy her time there...the waitress again threw down the receipt. My girlfriend looked at me in disgust and couldn't believe she had done that. To boot, she showed another server right in front of us and complained about the "awful" gratuity. Doubt we'll be back.

• 2 of 5 stars Food

“One of the best in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

I remember going to Theo's years ago, so it was great returning with my husband and his grandparents just recently. The food is amazing and you get much more than you pay for. We were all impressed by our meals and ready to go back soon, even to order the same things. The spanokopita is the best I have ever had. Our service was below average, although I never remember this being the case in the past and it was quite busy. We will definitely be returning in the near future.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Oshawa, Canada
“Always good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Eat here every few months, food is always fresh and hot. Good prices and large portions. Highly recommend.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Local secret that visitors need to know about”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I was in Orillia, Ontario last week to see a show at Casino Rama. While there I went online looking for someplace to eat near my hotel. I stumbled up Theo's Eatery on Memmorial Ave. It was a Thursday and yet at 5:30 the parking lot was jammed. Waited 20 minutes for a table and man was it worth it. Started with crab cakes and they were as good as I've ever had. Next had their veal parmigiana which came with choice of soup or salad and I chose the homemade carrot and dill soup. Unbelievably good. After one spoonful I insisted my wife try some and she agreed it was fantastic. Large piece of veal coated, seasoned and cooked to perfection. Accompanied with a side of spaghetti and their homemade meat sauce. Wife had their lightly beer battered fish and chips and raved about the fish. Unlimited refills on our coffee and iced tea. I was so impressed with the food I inquired about the chef and was told he had studied under Gordon Ramsay. I wasn't surprised. Total bill including tip was $60.00. Definitely will visit again when in town and highly recommend to visitors in the Orillia area. Hint. They do take reservations and will be doing that next time.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“A pleasant place for a casual meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Theo's is a good choice for a friendly get together or a casual lunch or dinner. The food is well prepared but never adventurous, and there'll be a safe choice on the menu for each guest. The price is average, as well, so no one will feel overextended in waistline or wallet. It's probably not the place to head to on a special occasion, but if you're getting together with friends to enjoy each other's company and a good meal, it's a good choice.

• Visited February 2013