“Had a Great Time” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   437 Laclie Street, Orillia, Ontario L3V 4P7, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 15 hotels in Orillia
“Had a Great Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Our visit was short, but the staff were great. The purpose of our trip was to see Roger Hodgson at Casino Rama so we did not get to see most of the hotel. The room was great, clean and well maintained. The little kitchenette will be put to better use next time we decide to visit Orillia again. With a grocery store within walking distance, you can purchase some grocery and snacks to have a great weekend.

The driver of the shuttle to Casino Rama was a very friendly person who took care of her passengers. The front desk person was a great help in getting checking us in and making sure we were book on the shuttle.

I won't need a concert at Casino Rama as the reason to stay here again. I think we will visit just to get away for a weekend. Thanks for the stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
GuestServicesOrillia, General Manager at Stone Gate Inn, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments. I'm very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next visit!

210 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was very clean, the room was spacious with a nice fireplace. On Friday evening free cocktail appetizers. The complementary breakfast in the morning was good but hard to get a table. It is a little annoying that you have to book the shuttle so far in advance.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
GuestServicesOrillia, General Manager at Stone Gate Inn, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I'm glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next stay with us!
Kitchener, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Reserved and stayed at the Stone Gate Inn on Oct 4, 2013 based on reviews I found here. Either my expectations were totally out of line or I live on another planet. First the good; easy to find, room was clean. Parking was readily available and free. Now the not so good. Pull-out couch was absolutely uncomfortable. Breakfast was meagre, bland and disappointing. Our suite afforded an amazing view of a school bus parking lot. Some of the staff were friendly, but most were not. I couldn't recommend Stone Gate and will not go back. I live in Kitchener and Orillia is the same driving time as Niagara Falls. For a week-end get-a-way, Niagara is a much better value and I believe we will continue to look south in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
I'm very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. I would very much like the opportunity to speak with you so that I can get more information regarding the issues you've expressed. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel, I look forward to hearing from you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

My first time staying here and I was expecting good things as it is ranked # 1. I was not disappointed. Property was well kept, very tidy, clean place. They were very accommodating to my handicapped needs. The bathroom and bathtub were sparkling, they provided a bath seat with a non slip mat and raised toilet, this was very helpful. Room was more than I expected. Comfortable double beds, desk & office chair 2 other comfortable chairs for relaxing. Great 40 inch flat screen t.v. with cable and high speed internet. The alarm clock was great for my ipod. I think the best thing was the mini kitchen, it had all you need. Nice granite counter/sink, toaster, coffee maker, fridge, microwave and real dishes, silverware, glasses and plates. This was great if you want to make use of the 24 hr full grocery store right next door to make your own food and save money from eating out. If you just want something light the lounge on site has some comfort foods like pizza, wings, lasagna and Sheppard's pie. They also have complimentary breakfast and kuregg coffee in the lounge as well, you don't need anything more. Swimming pool and hot tub was small but ample for a quick dip to relax in. I think it was a few small touches that impressed me most, there was an umbrella at the front door to use if it rained and the housemaid stopped by at bed time to check if there was something I needed and dropped off a cute card with tomorrows weather posted and some yummy chocolate mints. Would I stay again? Charming town, charming place and polite helpful staff, the answer is..... yes, yes, yes.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide such wonderful feedback. We hope to see you again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

My wife and I were headed to a party in Orillia last week and decided to drive up a day early and see the local countryside before the event. based on Trip Advisor's # 1 rating for the Stone Gate Inn, we booked a "Fireside Suite". The price included a full (they called it a "deluxe continental") breakfast, and was a very good value. The rooms are exceptionally clean, the beds are very comfortable, the shower is lovely and the staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful. The indoor poll and hot tub, coupled with nightly turn-down service with chocolates left on our pillows, only made us enjoy our stay even more. If only our side trip to Casino Rama had been as accommodating...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next visit!
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I returned to Orillia after a hectic Labour day weekend and stayed Stone Gate Inn. We enjoyed an executive suite and it was clean, well laid out and quiet from street noise. The hotel is close to Tim Horton's, the waterfront park, and a golf course that I intend to take my Son and Son in law to play when we stay in Orillia next time. Our Grand kids loved the park and its small train that wanders through the park. The hotel is minutes away from Rama and makes for a perfect base from which to see the attractions of Orillia and then get a little spoiled by staying in an extraordinary hotel.
The hotel is very well run and the staff care very much about your contentment. Thank you Leneza, Nicole, Heather, Jody,Jamie,Sean, for a welcoming and very relaxing stay.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
GuestServicesOrillia, General Manager at Stone Gate Inn, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
I'm very glad to hear how much you enjoyed your recent stay and that you intend to return. We look forward to your next visit!
Port Hope, Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed at the Stone Gate Inn and I would have given the hotel a much better rating if there hadn't of been a big stain in the carpet right in the middle of the open space in the room. When you stay in a hotel which you've chosen because of how they describe themselves and also how others review them...you just expect better than that...I'm sure that there must be some way you can have that fixed or repaired, but please do not give that room to anyone else until you do or at least have the courtesy to inform them before they take the room. If it bothers a person enough to go down to the desk and report the condition of the room..which my husband did...it makes sense that they at the desk would think that you might not be too happy with it...but he was just told that it was done by the new cleaners that the hotel uses.

In all fairness though...the room was fairly nice and the bed was very comfortable and I would have given it a good review had we been given a more suitable room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
I'm very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. This is something that I would very much like the opportunity to address. I have attempted to find the details of your recent stay so that I may ensure that your concerns have been remedied but have not been able to acquire enough information. I would sincerely ask that you contact me at the Inn so that I may look into this further.

Been to Stone Gate Inn? Share your experiences!