“Healthy, hearty and satisfying...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 128 Restaurants in Orillia
Cuisines: Italian, Fish & Chips, Brew Pub, Bar, Seafood, Barbecue, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Try our various in house freshly prepared dishes! Steak, ribs, wings, pasta, schnitzel, pickerel & shrimp entrees Our famous: loaded canoes, fall of the dock melt, drunken pork chop, homemade burgers & gourmet sandwiches. Open 6 days a week! In the summer we are open 7 days a week! Patron favourites include: Fall Off the Dock Black Angus Beef Melt, Lake Country Penne, Chicken Parmagiana and the Homemade Burgers. Liquor, Beer and Wine. Casual dining with top notch food. At Lake Country Grill: You Chill - We Grill
Gravenhurst, Canada
“Healthy, hearty and satisfying...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2015

I have eaten in with my husband for brunch, brought our daughter here for lunch and suggested to my business associates that Lake Country Grill come to cater our business lunch. The food is flavourful and always fresh. Generous helpings and attentive staff make it a pleasure to go there.

• Visited October 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Orillia, Canada
“Really good burger!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2015

There were two of us - we both ordered a burger. We had "Loaded Canoes" for an appetizer - it was surprisingly good. The burgers were very good and pretty large. Service was prompt, continuous and friendly. The food prices are reasonable but it was $12 for a glass of white wine and draft beer was $7...a tad high. We would go back but have a pop instead of alcohol to drink - I can buy a bottle of wine for $12! The entertainment was not very good...

• Visited April 2015
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Diana R, Manager at Lake Country Grill, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time out to review our restaurant.
Glad you enjoyed the food we are so very proud of.
I understand your concerns about drink pricing so here is a recap. Most of our bottled beer is $4.95 and we serve a 20 oz pint of draft from $6.50.
I am guessing that you had a 9oz glass of wine which we have priced from 9.30 to 11.95 depending on the brand. We do have 6 oz glasses offered from 6.50 to 7.95 depending on the brand as well. Hope that clears things up for you. We look forward to your return.
Toronto, Canada
“Good food, good beer!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2015

Enjoy the sandwiches with handmade fries. Keep asking for why the Rueben isn't on the menu yet when everyone is asking for it. Currently only a special.

Diana R, Owner at Lake Country Grill, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hi Shirley
Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant and promoting us to others.
I am glad we keep you coming back.
Diana
“Bad food and rude owner”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2015

My friends and I went for a night out to this restaurant. We ordered chicken wings and they were tiny and dry. We ordered pork quesadilla as well that was okay but floppy too full of cheese. The waitress was great. We were there for karaoke and waited hours to sing while a group of regulars seemed to be called repeatedly before us. We also witnessed their wait staff sing more often than we did! What a disappointment as this restaurant was the closest to my new home. When I emailed the owner, she sent me an email stating she would have to verify what I was saying! Really? A customer takes time to write in to an owner about their business and there was absolutely ZERO courtesy but was immediately abbrasive. She wrote me back later and told me I was WRONG that my bad experience NEVER happened and she gave me a story of exactly how my evening went. Unbelievable! As a business woman myself I thought she would appreciate the feedback unfortunately that was not the case and instead she told me to NEVER COME BACK! when all I had was a quiet yet disappointing night with my friends and sent an email out of respect as a business owner to inform her of a possible issue at her establishment? The woman lacked respect and decency, some would definitely question her sanity by her email. I have never had a business owner be so wild and reckless with her treatment of a customer over email. I was shocked. I will never return. Even if a group wanted to meet there I would simply refuse and convince them to go elsewhere!

Orillia, Canada
“Dinner for 4! Dinner for 4?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2015

This is my first time to the Lake Country Grill. They had a good selection of draught beers which I did partake, and the waitress had the list memorized. Very impressive. It goes downhill from here though. We were there fairly late, like 7 PM, (which I thought wasn't too late...) and after looking at the menu for a few minutes and making decisions of what to eat, we started to hear things like "we ran out of..." So, I asked the waitress, what was not available? There was a large list. The ribs, gone, the schnitzel, gone, the sauteed veg's? Gone. (But we'd be happy to sub in some cold slaw...) In a party of 4, two of us had already settled on the ribs, but they were gone! There were other items not available as well, so I asked our waitress, so... what should we order? She made some recommendations. I had the chicken parm. The meals arrived in fairly quick order, which is good, but the 4 meals came one at a time. The chicken Parmesan was pretty good, but the spaghetti that came with it? Overcooked, and the sauce was a little too thick, and the flavour wasn't great. The other members of our party had 1- the clubhouse, 2- chicken strips and 3- cottage burger. Everyone said pretty much the same thing... nothing exciting here. Would I go back? Probably not. Was it OK? Ya... just. The food edible, the atmosphere, suburban, but really? You drop over $100 bucks and it is just OK? Nuff said.

• Visited March 2015