“Slightly Below Average Hotel, But Great Location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn Champlain Waterfront

Save Saved
You added Rodeway Inn Champlain Waterfront to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn Champlain Waterfront
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Front Street N., Orillia, Ontario L3V 4R5, Canada (Formerly Quality Hotel Champlain Waterfront)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2 Trips, 1 Night Free*
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Orillia
Hamilton, Canada
“Slightly Below Average Hotel, But Great Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We arrived at 3 PM on a Saturday afternoon and were greeted by very friendly and professional front desk staff. Our rooms were ready, so we dropped our luggage off in the rooms and spent some time checking out the waterfront as well as the local street festival.

The Good News: the rooms were very quiet, the A/C worked well, the hotel is "pet friendly", and the hotel is close to everything having the best location in the town.

The Bad News: there was a collection of food waste and dirt under one of the beds, 8 out of 11 light bulbs in the room were burnt out, hotel parking lot was full, there's a very musty smell in the hallways.

Room Tip: They're all pretty much the same.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Sudbury, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Stayed here June 21/2014. We arrived at 2pm and were told the room would not be ready until 3p.. OK. Street festival going on, we checked that out and ate lunch. We had requested a specific room, perhaps that was the cause of the delay ?Later that evening upon our return from the event we were attending, we noticed that -yes there is a coffee pot, but no coffee, no cups. Then realized that there were no facecloths. Just to add to the fun, no wifi - even though it is advertised in the room. I called down to the desk but was unable to understand what the problem was. Language barrier. So, we used hand towels for facecloths and went downstairs for the "Continental Breakfast" It was 10 am, maybe we were too late, there was absolutely no evidence that there had ever been a breakfast. I have stayed at this same hotel every year for the past 6 of more years. Never had an issue before. I know the hotel has changed ownership since June 1 of this year and all the previous staff were let go. I sure hope the new ones get trained by next year. Great location, close to the waterfront. Rooms are small, no elevator but that's fine for my needs. Just need a clean & comfortable bed and clean room. Might try again next year.

Room Tip: #201 is the biggest room I've seen in there, it's above the bar so noisy on a Sat night. Pic...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Newmarket, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

If you have problems with stairs, DO NOT stay at this hotel as there is no elevator and the wheelchair ramps are small and at the front, no where near parking. Also I accidently went to the basement as there are rooms there, after traveling down the hallway past the "guest laundry" that is a gross storage room, I found black mold EVERYWHERE! And the smell was disgusting! They actually plan on renting out basement rooms this summer and seem to have no plans on fixing the mold problem. My daughter had breathing problems or first night and I didnt know why, now I do. Right after I found the mold I quickly checked us out 3 days early! Run from this place!

• Stayed May 2014
Collingwood, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Air freshener smell in the room was so overpowering it gave us headaches.
Couldn't shower as the drain was full of pubes that filled the tub as soon as we turned the water on.
Sheets on one bed were dirty. Room was broken into while we were at the concert.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Stoney Creek
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

My husband and I had tickets to a concert at the Casinorama, and I booked a room, just so we didn't have to make a long drive home. Didn't need to be fancy, but I was on a budget. This hotel was exactly what I had needed.

The location was fantastic. Down by the waterfront; in the summer would be beautiful. I'm sure the room would be more expensive come summer. We paid $65.00 on Priceline.

The hotel itself is very dated...it is in desperate need of an overhaul. But the service was great. People were very helpful and kind. Great location. Rooms very small - reminded us of a room you'd get in Europe. But for one night...worth it. Rooms were clean. Not immaculate...but clean.

TV didn't get a ton of channels.

There aren't elevators in this hotel.

I smelled chlorine, but never saw a pool.

Room Tip: There are no elevators in this place, so if you are elderly or have a hard time climbing stairs, mak...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

We stayed one night at the Quality Hotel for a Christmas party. The location is beautiful, the building looked almost historical. I loved the layout of the hallways to the rooms, so different from the generic up a flight of stairs or elevator and straight down the hall. It was like a little maze, except that it was very well marked and not easy to get lost. When we walked into the room was the tiniest hotel room I've seen, but with a standard sized bathroom. The water in the shower ran nice and hot, and the bed was so comfortable. It was a perfect place for our one night stay! The continental breakfast was very good too. Thank you to the staff at the hotel for a very nice stay!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Rodeway Inn Champlain Waterfront? Share your experiences!