“Disappointing” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 128 Restaurants in Orillia
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our team is proud to present Era 67 Restaurant & Lounge, nestled in the heritage district of downtown Orillia, Ontario. We are located at 64 Mississauga Street West, within walking distance of the historic Orillia Opera House, charming boutiques, and the Port of Orillia. Also in close proximity to Casino Rama.The inspiration of our name is derived from the Era of 1867, when citizens from all walks of life joined together to create Canada – a bold new country built on hope, faith and hard work. We believe in the same values today. Through personal experience and travels, our culinary team and their families are well aware of our enriched land’s one-of-a-kind flavours and its bountiful produce. They also truly appreciate the amazing tastes and aromas our country has to offer.Our award winning Executive Chef, Ian Thompson, harvests only the freshest proteins and ingredients to create his signature dishes. Blending old world cooking knowledge with modern culinary techniques, our menu represents the best of this great land, from delicious British Columbia salmon to tantalizing Alberta beef and succulent P.E.I mussels.Displaying a wonderful heritage feel, Era 67 is a celebration of Canada’s finest foods, coupled with impeccable service and a warm ambiance. Whether planning a night on the town or a quiet intimate meal, from the moment you arrive we guarantee an unforgettable dining experience . . . because that’s what true north friends do for one another.
Ontario's Highlands, Canada
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Went for a family get together and the service was poor and inefficient, they had no concept of time management. Cutlery removed with appetizer dishes was not replaced and they were slow to clear the table between courses leaving us with little space.
The food was average, the menu describes sumptuous options but they couldn't execute. In fact, everyone around us commented on the steady decline.
Save yourself the money and head elsewhere.

Toronto, Canada
“I loved the food service and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

my first visit and am surprised by the previous nasty review..it took an hour for a menu? ..it's a small place sheesh ..you should have left and took your crabby attitude with you.
. anyways I digress..the menu at lunch was small on selections but I ordered the Montreal smoked beef sandwich on marbled rye with red cabbage and maple mustard glaze and instead of fries or sald offered I upgraded to onion rings for $2. it was fantastic..the first thing you will notice here is no salt pepper on the table ..the chef wants you to experience the flavours they have created and no ketchup for the rings , instead a great dipping sauce that had a hint of maple in it. The whole menu is wrapped around candain food and Iwill surely return my next visit to Orillia for dinner here. kudos to the owner , chef, wait staff..all were great.

Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
“Big disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We went to Era 67 primarily because it had received so many positive reviews on Trip Advisor, but we were truly disappointed with our visit. The wait staff was very inefficient, taking almost an hour to bring menus to the table and to serve tap water. She did not know that Perrier was sparkling water. The food fare was an attempt to be something spectacular, but it was poorly executed and as it turned out, plain fare. I had a tortiere and fries with duck gravy! The fries were seasoned unnecessarily and the duck gravy had a very peculiar taste which fought the taste of the tortiere. The smoked meat had a strange taste, permeated by the stewed red cabbage served on top. The total lunch took 2 hours and 45 minutes. We won't return.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Era67Restaurant, Owner at Era 67 Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am writing to you in response to your review on Trip Advisor with regards to the quality of service you received when you were at Era 67 for lunch.

First, let us express our deepest apologies. You deserve only the best service, especially when you visit our restaurant.
Second, we are questioning our staff and will take appropriate action.

I was very dismayed to find out that you waited more than 45 minutes for your server, our company policy states a maximum wait of 1 minute from the time a customer arrives to take fresh infused water (with cucumbers) and greet our guests. Time is very important to a guest during lunchtime especially.

Your comments regarding the service you received at Era 67 are very important to us.
We hope you will accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience your party experienced when you visited for lunch, I can assure you that this is not standard and was very disappointing to read. We take great pride and care of our guests experience(as we want to make it memorable) and I want to assure you that this unfortunate incident is shocking to us as owners/operators.

Once again I apologize for the bad service you experienced, and the food not also being to the standard that we expect from our kitchen team. We appreciate your making us aware of the situation.
Be assured this will never occur again at Era 67. We are incredibly passionate about our restaurant and only want to deliver the best of the best to all of our guests that visit us. I have spoken also with the Chef, (co-owner, my husband) and we would love to have you and family back to show you an unforgettable dining experience.
If you could kindly email me at; sarahvaliquette@era67.com or contact me directly at the restaurant at 705-259-1867. We sincerely promise you will thoroughly enjoy yourselves as almost all of our guests do when they visit us.
We would love to send you a gift certificate as soon as possible so you will see us in the true light of how we operate our restaurant.

Sarah Valiquette-Thompson and Executive Chef, Ian Thompson
“Best restaurant experience Eva! Kayne and Keri”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Walked into a country feel, romantic, dim lighting lounge like dinning. Started with their bread rolls, with their singnature sauces, the bread was a little crispy, but flavorful and the sauces were a butter base and spices. We ate it all, then I had the duck salad with argula and stilton cheese. It's looked beautiful and was absolutely delicious! the smoked duck was perfectly cooked and mouth watering! Waiting for the clam chowder, and the baby back and quail..... Wow... It is amazing! Kayne's plate stacked tall with ribs,vquail, beans, and potatoes, delicious. Keri's clam chowders was the best I've ever had! Nice flavor, potatoes were nicely cooked and the muscles that topped the soup were a very nice touch. This chef takes pride that's for sure. Were going to brag about this place for a long time and recommend it to everyone! Just so you know it's kind of a classy restaurant so ejoy getting dressed for dinner, although we were still comfortable as tourists is half dressed clothes. The atmosphere was very homie and comfortable, but fancy and romantic! ladies treat yourself to their nicely renovated bathroom! I loved it!!! Thank you for the amazing experience! :)

Smiths Falls, Canada
“Best Meal I ahve had in a long time! It makes Orilllia a better place to visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Excellent food and top notch service from Matt. A great menu. I have to go back to try some deserts and specialty coffees.
Discovering Era67 will make future trips to Orillia more palatable!